Nude homeowner arrested

Page 1 of 4

"SPRINGFIELD, Va., Oct. 20 (UPI) -- A Virginia man said he is fighting the indecent exposure charge brought against him after he was spotted making coffee naked in his kitchen."
"..."Yes, I wasn't wearing any clothes but I was alone, in my own home and just got out of bed. It was dark and I had no idea anyone was outside looking in at me," Williamson said."
video:
http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/10/20/Man-arrested-for-making-coffee-naked/UPI-98241256068372 /

Damn right he needs to fight it. The right of nakedness at home is sacred. The peeping tom needs to be arrested.
They even said they were "cutting through his yard". And 5:30 Am isn't exactly the time you expect to have people in your yard.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Oren wrote:

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/10/20/Man-arrested-for-making-coffee-naked/UPI-98241256068372 /
Which reminds me.....
http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/LOST /
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Warn me next time! I need an eye rinse, now.
Hey pervs, close your curtains.
jeff_wisnia wrote:

That's odd, the Hippie chicks I knew were not into tattoos. Tramp Stamps and the like manifested in a later generation.
TDD

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/10/20/Man-arrested-for-making-coffee-naked/UPI-98241256068372 /
Holy shit, I guess I better wear a robe when I next make coffee.
Old Justin Wilson skit:
Woman calls to report flasher. Police come, but can only see head, neck, and shoulders. Woman to responding officers, "Stand on this chair, and you will get a better view".
Someone spying in on someone innocuously making coffee in the buff and calling the police? Sounds like they need to question her instead. Or she needs to get a life.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

Kinda like the story about some farmer complaining about skinny dippers at a rock concert back in the 70's. Under further questioning, he revealed that he had to use binoculars to see them.

Very wise advice. Thank you.
Steve

Or maybe even a full stop. Period.

Oren wrote:

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/10/20/Man-arrested-for-making-coffee-naked/UPI-98241256068372 / So: * How did the cops get in? * Why did the cops get in? * Did they have an arrest warrant?
Virginia Code 19.2-81 "... officers may arrest, without a warrant, any person who commits any crime in the presence of the officer and any person whom he has reasonable grounds or probable cause to suspect of having committed a felony not in his presence."
I would see dollar signs but the fool admitted on national TV he was naked.
He should have claimed he was wearing flesh-colored pajamas or a thong.

But is being naked in your own house a felony?

No! In this case it is a Misdemeanor.
The reason you need the "presence of the officer".
Oren wrote:

He was charged with a 3rd degree felony.

Why claim anything? No need to defend himself for being naked. This guy was in his own house. Watch for coming interviews. Somebody screwed the pooch.
Oren wrote:

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/10/20/Man-arrested-for-making-coffee-naked/UPI-98241256068372 /
deal? There should be NO LAWS against nudity, second hand nudity is not bad for your health and causes no ill effects.

Sounds to me like we need more laws against people looking into our windows.
Steve

There was a woman and a kid cutting through his yard who saw him through the window. I got the impression from reading one article that she believed he was deliberately displaying himself once he saw them. To me, the lesson to be learned from that would be: keep out of other people's yards -- but she called the cops.
We had a pro hockey player years ago here plead guilty to indecent exposure after a neighbor told the cops he had a longtime habit of doing things around his home/property in ways that were sure to show off his naughty bits. Such as walking outside to the garage wearing only a shirt. He'd manually lift the garage door, the shirt would ride up, and everyone would get a good view. The cops began watching him and caught him at it. But he was doing that stuff outside, not inside.