Now to break up concrete?

Page 2 of 2
In alt.home.repair on Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:13:17 -0500 "Punch"

That was my idea. :( The professional but uninsured guy doing sidewalks next door let me use his, and it wasn't difficult. I'm not very strong either. Usually when it was stuck I could pull it out, but a couple times the handle was even with my shoulders and it was hard to pull higher than my shoulders. I'm 5'8". I think electric jack hammers are shorter though. 4 minutes of this was enough to make me tired. (I"m 58, also.)
I'd rent the thing for a half day, and work on it for 5 minutes every hour or half hour, allowing time to recuperate. I didn't keep track, but I guess I did 2 to 4 square feet in 2 to 4 minutes.
Maybe there are other things you can do for the same rental. Dig your garden?
meirman wrote:

I rented an electric jack hammer one day. I vowed to never use one again. Those things are back breakers if you aren't used to using them.
Save it for your grave marker. Seriously.
MF wrote:

I had one once about 5'x4'x4' and I ended up digging a big hole beside it and rolling it in. I often wondered if anyone every ended up digging it up and wondering why it was there. :-)
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
I haven't any idea how to break it up; but what is a hunk of concrete that big for?
On 9/8/2005 11:40 PM US(ET), Toller took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Next to water, it could have been for a boat mooring.
--
Bill

Actually the sledge hammer DID make a dent.
The only problem is that you stopped before you finished the job.