Now to break up concrete?

Page 1 of 2
OK, I'll rephrase my earlier request (feather and plug). Any suggestions on how to break up (to remove) a chunk of concrete approx 5'x4'x2' ? It's quit hard, having cured at the water's edge, semisubmerged.
Sledge hammer didn't make a dent.
What to do??
TIA

This is Turtle.
well son , You just made a Rock or Bolder and you have to treat it as a big rock you made. Dig a hole and roll it in it or tie a chain around it and drag it out to the country side and put it up as a land boundery marker or a tribute to yourself as a life long thing to remine you to not make anymore mistates like it ever again.
i just thought about this as you said at the waters edge. If it is a river or lake it is near , you can just tie it on to a boat and pull it out to deep water and let go of it.
TURTLE

At 150 lbs per cu ft, I'd guess that thing weighs in at around 3 tons. The 'pull it out to deep water in a boat' idea has America's Funniest Home Videos written all over it.
"Ranieri" <uh, nah> wrote in message wrote in message news:7D5Ue.8687

This is Turtle.
I did not say pick it up but drag it. You say 3 tons is a too big of a weight to drag into the water. A New Cadillac is just about 3 tons. you then get a 150 horse power bass boat or even one of the 225 h.p. bass boats and tie on to it. You can drag the block of concrete or the Cadillac around all day in the lake till it jams between the tree or log jam. If you have ever seen what these 225 H.P. Bass boats can pull you would not say what you just said.
TURTLE
wrote in message news:7D5Ue.8687

You can drag a 3 ton slab of concrete around a lake bed all day with a bass boat? Wow. I had no idea.
"Ranieri" <uh, nah> wrote in message wrote in message news:7D5Ue.8687

Actually I'm just wondering how he knows ANY boat can drag a caddy around a lake bottom all day <g>
AMUN

Actually, maybe. Depending on where and how the tow-chain was hooked up, and what kind of prop you've got. And what the bottom is.>

This is Turtle.
sand bottom , 20 feet of water, extra long motor shaft to draw motor water for power, 225 H.P. Evinruide / Johnson with 4 blade power propt. and not speed propt.. then hook up to front axle and drag forward. You can make it Ski behind this boat.
I had a friend that bought 3 flate bed ford 350 trucks old and eat up with rust and he drug them out in Toledo Bend Lake in Louisiana / Texas and he drug them around like nothing with his 200 H.P. bass boat. He put them all in one place to make a White Perch Hole. that 200 H.P. motor will pull more that anyone would think and he never open the motor up to pull the load for about 1/2 throttle was all he used. If I would not have seen it myself i would not have believed it myself.
TURTLE
TURTLE

displace a lot more water than a slab of concrete. And the vehicle will be buoyed by the equilvalent weight of displaced water...Archimedes, I think...sooo,,,,I reckon you should justy cut your losses here and figure a bass boat ain't gonna pull a 3 ton slab of rock around a lake bed.
Nuff said on that one.
On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 09:20:39 -0500, TURTLE wrote:

It thought 3 tons should make a damned nice anchor for a bass boat. I expect there's gonna be a lot of froth in the water.
--
Keith

> TURTLE
"Ranieri" <uh, nah> wrote in message wrote in message news:7D5Ue.8687

LOL
MF wrote:

Don't start a new thread on the same topic, for starters.

jack hammer will make short work of this job.
Punch wrote:

Yep, except he then has to get rid of the debris somewhere.
Duane Bozarth wrote:

Rent a tractor and drag it to some parking lot at night and leave it.
User Example wrote: ....

Don't even think such thoughts...the stuff I've had to pick up and haul off from the road ditches and fields from such folks... :(
And, of course, the "except" had no place in the other post as however it's done, there's a fairly sizable amount of stuff.
if I caught you doing that on my property, you would never be able to use that vehicle again. no offense :)
bill

You could drill some holes in it and put in some M-80's and probbaly crack it into some smaller more managebly sized pieces. Try cutting it (even only part way through) and then hit it with the sledgehammer again. The cuts might weaken it enough to break.
On 9/8/2005 9:17 PM US(ET), Duane Bozarth took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

He wanted to break up the concrete block to get rid of it. I would think that he has considered where to take, or put the debris already.
--
Bill

Depending on how long you go at it, there may be nothing but beach sand left.
AMUN