Now I've seen it all......

Page 1 of 2
Milwaukee Tools is making a battery powered caulking gun. Uses the same type of 12V battery as a cordless drill or other tool. How frikking lazy can a person be to need something like this? I've never found a caulking gun to be even close to physically demanding to operate. In this day and age when we're supposed to be conserving energy, this is utterly rediculous, particularly at $230.00.
You can see it here. http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200194424_200194424
Add pictures here
✖

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200194424_200194424
If it somehow keeps the pressure nice & even, it might be handy for the caulk-disabled, like me :-( I still wouldn't buy it, though.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 07:48:18 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

If it makes you feel any better, I think -- my own guess -- these things are invented for commercial uses, here, a guy who caulks all day long. Once they have the idea, they make a cheaper one and try to sell it people who do it once in a while.
I think electric knives, electric screwdrivers, electric staplers etc. started out this way. Electric pencil sharpeners strike me as really stupid (compared to those that attach to a wall or desk) but maybe they were invented for a pencil company that wanted to sell them pre-sharpened.

Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 23, 7:48 am, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

A window installer or builder that has to caulk a house would find the tool paying for itself quickly. Im sure the same was said for many power tools over the years.
Add pictures here
✖

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200194424_200194424
Just because you can't figure out how to use it or don't think you'd like it doesn't mean it wouldn't be right for some people. People with arthritis, hand injuries, certain workers who need a proper bead at the right moment. Plus, I think the thing would have an automatic release on it to eliminate the dribble at the end so you don't have to quickly twist the rod.
I'd buy one. Thanks for the link.
Steve
Add pictures here
✖

re: so you don't have to quickly twist the rod
Upgrade to a gun with a trigger release. Hit it with thumb as you finish your bead...no dribble.
http://www.refurber.com/image/445/gun%20trigger.jpg
Add pictures here
✖

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200194424_200194424
Today I don't have much use, but hears ago when I did 20 windows a day, I'd have bought one. Oh, and there are plenty of physically marginal people that can benefit, such as the one armed tile layer that did the trim at our office recently. You really have to open your mind a bit.
Add pictures here
✖
Was he busier than a one armed paper hanger?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200194424_200194424 Thanks for the link.
When I was hanging windows in my house, I'd've loved having it available. I'm not only caulking-challenged (getting that steady pressure going was especially difficult when I was physically tired) I found gripping things for extending durations trying. A tool like this would have made it worth the cost and I'd find other uses for it. If I was doing commercial work, using the thicker caulks, the tool would pay for itself quickly.
The Ranger
Add pictures here
✖
You obviously haven't pumped much NP1 or other similar grade caulk on a cold winter day.
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
On Mar 23, 8:48 am, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

I can see a use for a battery powered caulking gun, but not this battery powered tool...
http://www.blackanddecker.com/ProductGuide/Product-Details.aspx?ProductID=15392 It always seems to show up on big display racks at the Big Box stores at Christmas & Father's Day. I wonder who their targeted shopper is.
Add pictures here
✖

I can see a use for a battery powered caulking gun, but not this battery powered tool...
http://www.blackanddecker.com/ProductGuide/Product-Details.aspx?ProductID 392
It always seems to show up on big display racks at the Big Box stores at Christmas & Father's Day. I wonder who their targeted shopper is.
=================
It's targeted at idiots, obviously.
Add pictures here
✖

✖

More like people who feel that THEY MUST SHOP. It's an imperative, like breathing and eating.
Add pictures here
✖

No, it's targeted at the Moms, wives and girlfriends who think it would be a cool tool for their sons, hubbies and boy-toys. That's why they display them prominently at gift giving time.
Be careful about calling somebody's Mom an idiot.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 19:16:37 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

I say, targeted towards the impulse buyer. I've seen a guy's girl friend buy and give him one. Had she given him the money/gift card he could have had a better tool.... I've never seen the guy use it:)
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 23, 7:48 am, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

Some construction adhesives are b***h to work with outdoors in cold weather. And some sealants tend to get really stiff as they age on the shelf. For those of us too cheap to throw away perfectly good supplies it make sense to have some power assist. Dudes that want the power without the price should go to Harbor Freight and look at their #95431 pneumatic caulking gun for about $15. HTH Joe
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200194424_200194424 Ah, then you haven't seen the battery-operated kitty-litter scoop!
Add pictures here
✖
Boy, a lot of you guys haven't done a lot of caulking. Sure squeeze a little silicone, no big deal, but like DanG says, try some NP1 on a cold day, or sound sealant on a cold day when you need to caulk about a mile of bead, or glue down a subfloor on a big house, you'll know why they make such a thing.
The thing I wonder about is that it must be easy to blow out a tube and make a heckuva mess with one of those devices. If it wasn't for that problem, I'd get one in a second.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

http://www.worldpetstore.com/powscoopvibl.html
Only $6.99. At that price, you can give them as Christmas gifts - even to people who don't have a cat.
Add pictures here
✖