Broke my big repair cherry yesterday by dropping $1700 re-shingling 900
sq feet of roof.
I was thinking of doing a rehab loan, with the following items
included. I know some of these I may be able to handle myself, but I
wanted to put them all in to get an idea of cost for all these items
from some of the experts here.
This is for a 100 year old single family two story colonial in MA. The
home is about 1350 sq feet. 7 rooms, 3 beds, 1 bath.
- add 1/2 bath on 1st floor
- Scrape/Paint the house bright yellow (currently gray)
- waterproof all fieldstone basement walls (650 sq ft basement)
- add ground level 12 x 15 redwood deck, lighted w/ outside elec
- hot tub on the new deck
- new asphalt driveway (single wide, about 12 x 40)
- extend existing 12 x 30 garage by 20 feet back into yard.
- hardwire electricity to garage - w/baseboard elec heat or wood stove.
- replace bathroom floor w/ceramic time and install shower door
enclosure (6 x 6 bathroom, small.)
- re-seed and flatten/level lawn, remove razor tree (holley?), remove 4
ft chain link fence and giant bush in front of house. (Lawn is about
3000 sq feet. Fence is about 25 ft in length.)
- Wall to wall carpet in living room (10 x 12).
- baseboard heat w/thermo installed in unheated room. (10 x 12)
- new gas dryer
- new front and back storm doors
- new gas stove
- add garbage disposal
- ceramic tile on kitchen floor (16 x 14)
- reshingle roof of garage.
I am figuring around $25,000. I would hope a GC could handle the whole
mess, and get it all done in a month in the spring/summer/fall.