Not too late to stock up...

The ban on 75-watt bulbs takes effect January 1st, 2013.
Just a reminder.
On 11/28/2012 12:08 PM, HeyBub wrote:

How about 60W and 40W units? Those are the ones I use here (I still have a few boxes of Sylvania "Made in USA" units; wish I would have bought a few more dozen).
Jon
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:49:37 -0800, Jon Danniken

You can thank the communists in Washington DC for this. I have over 1000 incandescent bulbs stocked up, in 60W 75W and 100W sizes. Mostly 100W, since I use then the most. I bought them last december. I'd like to break 1000 CFL bulbs to release the mercury and mail them to the Whitehouse. That would be a good way to wipe out the communists that run the place and out Communist America.

100 W??
--
EA

> Just a reminder.

I think the remaining stock will not be replaced. I think I should buy some. I like using 100 watt bulbs to dry out circuit boards and stuff. Oh yes, I need some for my inrush current limiters for servicing electronics. I don't suppose I can get 200 watts.
Greg
On 11/28/2012 7:34 PM, gregz wrote:

When I worked out in The Marshall Islands, I noticed the closets in the buildings called bachelor quarters on the base had boxes in the bottom of the clothes closets that had vent holes in them and on the inside there were a dozen sockets for incandescent light bulbs. At the time the sockets were empty but the building was now air conditioned. I figured out that the boxes were for heating the closet to drive moisture out of clothing and keep it dry in the days before the buildings had air conditioning. I doubt CFL lights would have done the job. ^_^
TDD

I bought 200 (100 clear and 100 frosted) 100W bulbs last summer (and have 300, or so, clear 60W bulbs), so I'm alright there. I need to lay in some 40s, though. The dining room lamp is a tad bright with the nine 60W bulbs.
On Nov 28, 8:06pm, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzz wrote:

Frankly I prefer the CFLs and my lower electric bill and look forward to cost effective LEDs I DONT understand all the complaints.......

I don't use any incandescent bulbs for lighting. The LEDs I see have approached what cfls cost twenty years ago.
Greg
On 11/28/2012 07:36 PM, gregz wrote:
[snip]

I have replaced all by light bulbs with CFL, except for appliance bulbs (refrigerator / freezer, microwave, oven).
--
26 days until the winter celebration (Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:00:00 AM for 1
day).

Mark Lloyd
On 11/28/2012 05:11 PM, bob haller wrote:

I also enjoy the lower cost of CFLs in, for instance, the living room and in my bedroom, as these lights tend to stay on for hours at a time.
In the bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, and hallway, however, I absolutely prefer incandescent, because they come on to full brighness within a fraction of a second.
Jon

I leave some cfls on continuously. I also leave some DIY LEDs on continuously. The LEDs run off old comcast telephone battery system.
Greg
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 18:12:55 -0800, Jon Danniken

Very few of our lights are on for hours at a time. Those are fluorescents with CFLs temporarily in the basement. I hate CFLs but T8s aren't so bad in these areas. Everywhere else gets incandescent lamps for the reasons stated here a few hundred times.
Google the word "freedom".
I DONT understand all the complaints.......

With your record here, I'm not surprised.
On 11/28/2012 7:11 PM, bob haller wrote:

Paranoids and fearful people always need something to feel threatened about. Change, any kind at all, will fit the bill.
First they came for the 100 watt bulbs. I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a 100 watt bulb.
Niemoller, the electrician.
On 11/28/2012 8:06 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzz wrote:

You know that constant buzzing sound you hear...and thought was tinnitus?
It's not. It's actually your electric meter spinning so fast the bearings are now shot.

Clearly you don't.

Of course you're being silly/stupid.

Thanks for the reminder, Tex. I just ordered $202 worth of bulbs from bulbs.com, mostly 75W, and some 95W and 100W. A total of 188 bulbs, ranging from 0.74 to 2.49 each. No sales tax and free shipping.