Normal amount of lint vented to outside?

We have a new (2 month old) Maytag Neptune dryer that is vented horizontally about 6 feet to the outside. Yesterday, I noticed that the ground is covered with a very noticeable thin mat of lint around the vent.
Is this normal to happen after such a short period of time?
blueman wrote:

We just got a new set of towels and has caused a similar thing. It really lined the vent hose too. It's gotta go somewhere!

Yes, and better outside than building up in the vent line.
blueman wrote:

Hi, Yes. Tony
blueman wrote:

If the lint filrter is cleaned regularly the it has nothing to do with dryer age and has everything to do with what you are drying. As another poster says it depends on what is being dried.
LB Education is about knowing where to look for answers.