norge gas dryer not heating

After feeling smug about getting my 10 yr old dryer back in commision with a used $40 motor now I have no heat. I just noticed after I just put a load in that I could smell gas so I checked and there was no heat. Is there something in particular I can check myself before calling the gas guy? I've had the dryer apart many times now after replacing the idlers, glides etc. but have not had reason to look at the burner etc before now

I did pull the front off the dryer and watched while I started it, the ignitor glows a nice bright red for a few seconds then shuts off, which is when the gas smell starts. I did a bit of research and it sounds like it may be one of the coils. I do have a multi meter but no idea how to use it to check these.

suggestions?

thanks in advance

Reply to
Glen A Stromquist