non-toxic water-resistant glue for metal/plastic?

Can anyone recommend a non-toxic water-resistant glue? I am doing some remodeling to kitchen and want to apply some glue to a surface that is exposed to food. Is there a glue that has an FDA-approved label of some sort? I am afraid that regular epoxy may outgas/leach nasty stuff.

Exactly what are you gluing?

I'd use epoxy because it is safe
http://www.bisphenol-a.org/human/epoxycan.html Epoxy resins provide an important coating for food and beverage cans that helps to protect food and beverages from contamination with dissolved metals and from spoilage due to bacterial contamination.
Master Bond is used in many medical applications
Either epoxy or silicone are food safe once cured. Exactly what do you want to stick together?
--

Roger Shoaf

Thanks all for the info... I'm looking to fix a broken plate and I was wondering the same thing. As a side note, I've been a subject in a linguistics experiment where I had sensors glued to my tongue. One of the professors was from the dental school and he said that the glue they were using was basically superglue (probably medical grade though). I don't advocate eating superglue in any quantity, and I'll probably use epoxy for my fix it project (b/c I think that superglue is actually water soluble), but I just wanted to share this anecdotal nugget that superglue isn't as toxic as it smells. -Abe

Super glue was used in Viet Nam as emergency stitches to close wounds.
The stuff is toxic, but it is one of those things where not much is absorbed when tissue is glued together, and it is a whole lot healthier to get the would closed fast.
The glue is not water soluble when cured. Super glue is also not a good choice when gaps need to be filled or it is subject to a lot of vibration.
--

Roger Shoaf

replying to runcyclexcski, maneka wrote:

I don't know of a food-safe epoxy but this stuff should work and is definitely FDA approved for food-contact: www.gluehow.com/glues/GordonGlassSiliconeSealant www.gluehow.com/glues/DapSealant I've used Dap before and it's pretty easy to use but they both look good.