Non-toxic sealant for punch bowl

I'm doing up a fancy multi-tiered punch bowl with a small aquarium pump inside. I'd like to string the power cord in through a hole at the bottom. My question is what sealant can I use that is non-toxic (given that it will be in direct contact with the punch?). The wire will be held in place by a plastic fitting, so the sealant need not be strong, just prevent leaks.
Thanks
John
You have an aquarium store near by? Aquarium glue is probably far less toxic than the insulation on the wire...

Good point -- if it's good enough for the fish... (though I'll have to check if it's safe with alcohol...)
John

Fish tank sealer from a pet store. Naturally, you will let it cure according to the instructions, TIMES 2. If the instructions say it takes 48 hours to cure, you will double that.
This assumes that the party isn't this weekend.

John,
Personally, I would not use any adhesive that touches something I eat or drink. If you still intend to move forward, the greenest adhesives I know of are Eco-Bond: http://www.ecobondadhesives.com/ but get in touch with them and ask your question.
I hope that helps.

Clear silicone sealant, any brand, is about as inert as it gets. Seems to be the basis for aquarium sealants (not positive about that, just noting similarities).
Joe
Joe wrote:

Untrue, and for contact with food use only silicone sealant made for dishwashers, available from appliance parts supplies.

if you read the label instead of guessing, you can find out whether it is ok to use in food contact or not. the normal ones have a mildewicide in them, as they are usually used as cault or sealant around the house. however, there are multiple types that do not have this ingredient, and they can all be used as they are all identical.
read the label, or call the 800 number on the tube.

Take a look at the DOW 732 products on this page. Read the second to last sentence in the description below.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#7587a37/=1vee21
732 Multipurpose For sealing, bonding, and gasketing. Bonds metal, plastic, ceramic, glass, natural and synthetic fiber, silicone resin, vulcanized silicone rubber, and wood. Can be used on overhead and vertical surfaces. Begins to harden in 20 minutes. Temperature range is -76 to +356 F for aluminum, clear, and white; -76 to +400 F for black. All meet MIL-A-46106B. FDA and USDA compliant. NSF 51 certified and NSF 61 certified for use with food equipment and drinking water systems. UL recognized.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Oh, just go to a full-line rental store, and rent a real one. Same place that rents chairs and pergolas for outdoor weddings should have it. Do you really want to risk somebody getting sick if you screw up? Or risk the wrath of the SWMBOs involved, if the thing starts piddling on the table halfway through the party? -- aem sends...