Non-standard shower arm

I had to replace my shower head and bought a new one. When I went to install it (screw it onto the shower arm) I realized it was up-turned instead of down-turned - so shower head could not be used (wrong angle completely).

The shower arm is "plastered" into the wall so i don't think i can twist it around. What do I do? try to remove the plaster (or whatever it is)? Break through it? I dont' want to remove tile or make this into a major project if avoidable.

Reply to
alec

That's strange is it in the US? So the one you replaced was articulated so it would point down? Which you could still do with a chrome 45=BA and chrome nipple or a swivel. Is it 1/2 "? If it's a standard set up it would be a 1/2" riser to a 90" to the chrome arm. If it is that you should be able to turn it down 180=BA. If not use the adapter. Richard

Reply to
spudnuty

Yes - we're in Los Angeles. The rest of your post gets a little too technical for me...... the shower head i replaced had two "hinges" which allowed me to set it up to work (I never thought about it though).

All those other things you mention - nipple, swivel, riser, adaptor - where do i get these? Is there somewhere online I can take a look as I think it will be obvious if they suit?

What/how is the shower arm attached back to the pipe - is it screwed ? If so can I not just unscrew it and screw it back pointing down or just get a replacement?

Reply to
alec

OK Check out this site:

is a very common installation for a shower. See where the angled upper shower outlet screws into the 90=BA that's screwed into the 1X4 support. You might be able to gently turn that 180=BA clockwise so it is facing down or CCW but that might leak inside the wall. Conversely you could add parts onto the outlet pipe. Usually that pipe is 1/2". Very common. Just go to any hardware store and tell them your problem. Seems like a 90=BA or 45=BA street "el" would solve your problem. Richard

Reply to
spudnuty

Thanks for all your help!

Reply to