Non-Plumbing PVC Projects---What have you used it for?

Yesterday I was struggling with a pool maintenance task that I have to do 2-3 times a year, and I decided to build a PVC fixture to make the task less of a hassle. It made the job way easier. Guess what it's for (the top + piece isn't glued down and is removable).
"
http://i26.tinypic.com/117cm80.jpg "
I also built a nice PVC cart to store my kayaks, with wheels so I can roll the cart out to the driveway when I load the kayaks onto the car.
"
http://i31.tinypic.com/dm4mki.jpg "
What other non-plumbing uses have people found for PVC, beyond racks for shoes.

WAG - holds the pool filter(s) for easier cleaning??

Oren wrote:

You got it.

I'm an old has-been hillbilly musician. I do a little tutoring young people on country vocals and guitar. I have quite a bit of fairly high end recording equipment but no vocal booth. So I took some 1 1/2 inch pipe and cut it into 80 inch sections (4), and some 36 inch sections (8). I purchased some 4 way couplings and made a 3X3 foot square. (picture an old telephone booth). I just hang three of those very heavy moving company quilts over the frame, put a singer in there with a mic and bingo, a recording studio. Dang thing sounds as good as any top notch studio. Cost me maybe 50 bucks and I take it down and put it up as needed.
Lotta things one can do with pvc.

All potato cannons are made of PVC.
PatM wrote:

Negatory. I made mine from ABS (back when it was all solid ABS and none of this cellular crap they foist on us now).
Jon

There are a lot of interesting fittings not normally found in you home supply places available for making PVC furniture and greenhouses such as 4,5 and 6way connectors and plugs for adding casters..
Im a radio amateur and have used it for various antenna supports and insulators.
Jimmie

I've made cheap curtain rods out of them.
I painted them with laquer, and they look pretty good.
On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 20:24:52 +0000 (UTC), ShadowTek

If you want to draw an arch on wood, wall, etc. Use a small diameter PVC that will flex and not break. Helper draws the initial line.
ShadowTek wrote:

I've done that with copper water pipe, when a curtain rod was not available in the length that I needed (over seven feet.) IKEA brackets and finials are almost exactly the right size.
Now for PVC, I'm ashamed to admit, I've cobbled together an air intake to bypass the supercharger on an old VW with a blowed up G-lader...
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

I use PVC pipe (3/4-inch ID) to make poles for my holiday lights. I'll start with a 5-foot piece, drill a hole near each end (to tie lights to), and cut it in half with a hacksaw (angled cut).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

I have the common PVC pipe towel rack by the pool The folding frame for my spa solar cover is PVC The ribs for the cover over my boat lift is gray (RNC) PVC conduit. I made a 3" PVC air cannon that will shoot an orange about 150 yards. Neck that down to 3/4" and a cigar tube half full of sand could not be found. If someone really wanted to they could stack milk bottle tops with a hole drilled in the center in 1.5" PVC and it would make your gun very quiet but that would be illegal.
SMS wrote:

another. With a little moto-tool machining, it made a great piston to make Halloween stuff pop up, using compressed air.
SMS wrote:

I used a four foot piece of PVC pipe to extend the length of the handle of my pole pruner so I can reach reach higher without being tempted to drag a stepladder out and likely topple off it.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

I used PVC as part of a mobile stand for holding plywood in my shop. I built a wooded base and then used sections of 1.5" PVC to form triangles on two sides of the base and then a piece at the top to join them together. This has allowed me to lean the plywood and drywall against the triangles.
robin

I used PVC as part of a mobile stand for holding plywood in my shop. I built a wooded base and then used sections of 1.5" PVC to form triangles on two sides of the base and then a piece at the top to join them together. This has allowed me to lean the plywood and drywall against the triangles.
robin
Now that's a good idea.

1 - I attached 2' sections of 2" PVC to a piece of plywood and hung it from the side of a garden cart to carry rakes, shovels and brooms.
2 - I've made shipping containers for long thin objects (e.g. steel stock) from PVC pipe.
3 - I rebuilt a garden bench and used PVC pipe to dip-stain the wood strips. Dip, hang, done.
4 - I used a 4' section of PVC pipe as a breaker bar to loosen the ball from my hitch receiver.
5 - I made cable tensioners with a 1" length of 2" PVC, an eyebolt and a couple of nuts.
I'm sure there were other uses that don't come to mind right now.