Non-permanent method to mount TV antenna?

I rent one half of a small duplex that kind of sets in a "bowl" as far as good HD TV signal reception.
I'm def going to have to use an outdoor antenna to get off air digital TV channels. Thing is I'm looking for a non-perm method of mounting a smallish TV antenna up high..... roof or something. No drilling or mounting wanted if possible
I was thinking abt just mounting antenna on side of something heavy such as concrete block and SETTING it on top of roof.
Any other ideas out there?

Uh! Something heavy on the roof. Danger! I remember my parent's sat dish stopped working after a storm. My father and I went up under the roof and found out that the tube holding it was only fixed with two hose clamps. Turned the tube until reception quality was okay again, fixed the clamps and went down.
If there is some tube at the outside of your house you can fix such a tube with a dish mounted on top at it. Or if there is some gap somewhere in the roof put the tube through it. Or if you can drill a few holes to the wall mount it at the outside. Or... - be creative!
virtuPIC -- Airspace V - international hangar flying! http://www.airspace-v.com/ggadgets for tools & toys

is there a chimney? you can get a metal pole for a mast and long chimney straps in home depot to mount antennas. this doesn't require any permanent changes.

Nope no chimney... but there may be a PVC pipe used for exhaust form he gas furnace...will have to look
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

Nope.
Put it in the attic. If that doesn't work well enough, talk to the landlord. I wouldn't expect it to be a big issue as long as you agree to leave the mounting hardware in place when you leave.
On May 6, 12:16pm, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

5 gallon bucket, 1 bag of concrete mix, pipe to mount antenna, set on roof.
Jerry

Boy if that doesn't should like a plot for a Tim Allen or Red Green episode.

re: Boy if that doesn't should like a plot for a Tim Allen or Red Green episode.
Couldn't be a Tim Allen episode - unless the antenna was rotated by a 450 HP turbocharged HEMI.

I didn't watch that Tim Allen show regularly but did catch the one where he turbocharged the dishwasher or garbage disposal.

I was thinking 3 Stooges myself.
Jerry
On Tue, 6 May 2008 15:56:31 -0700 (PDT), Jerry

Better yet, weld a TV antenna and mast to the top of an old junked pickup truck. Paint the truck in camouflage. Install a gun rack (with large shotguns), install dual CB antennas, and put a Redneck Confederate flag in all windows on the truck. Inflate all the tires to 60lbs. Then get a crane to lift the truck onto the house roof, with left tires on one side of the ridge and right tires on the other side. Run your cable down to an open window and connect to your tv. You now have a roof mounted antenna, plus a set of dual CB antennas just in case you get the urge to Breaker Breaker good buddy ---- 10-4 Roger. You never made a hole in the roof, or modified the house in any way. I do hope you set the parking brake on the truck though.
The Home Wrecker
--
I\'ll wreck your home and your marriage all on the same day...........

On May 8, 12:33am, snipped-for-privacy@say-bye.com wrote:

re: I do hope you set the parking brake on the truck though
The parking brake rusted solid years ago and the cable was cut.
Just leave it in gear and you'll be all set.
Antenna probably work just as well laid parallel to the roof on the roof as they do 1 meter above the roof on a pole.

Telstra wrote:

if the roof is wood and asphalt, putting it in the attic might work almost as well. I remember living in a dorm in college, we lived on the top floor of the building, we simply taped the antenna to the ceiling.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel