Non electric gas dryers

Have been very hard to find in my recent trips to retailers.
Is this a trend?
Just wondering. Project for 2010 or sooner...
ng_reader wrote:

Dryer of what? I can't imagine this being a clothes dryer since they have an electric motor to rotate the drum and exhaust fan. Does "non electric" mean whatever sort of dryer this is has some sort of pilot light instead of a glowbar ignition?

It would be possible with a gas engine instead of the electric motor.

Plenty of them around. Try here http://store.laundrylist.org/Robbins_Wooden_Clothes_Drying_Rack_56_p/20-004.htm
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I love it when websites provide a link for a "larger photo", that opens the same size photo on a different page.
Jon
Jon Danniken wrote:

original ..... grrrrrrrrr.
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:37:03 -0800, "Jon Danniken"

firefox and it does all the installatin.
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:33:09 -0500, mm wrote:

Does it automatically data that wasn't previously there, Hollywood-style? :-)
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:37:03 -0800, "Jon Danniken"

Instructions tell you to click on that, but nothing happens.

Mark Lloyd
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Well, air is a gas.
TDD
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:40:57 -0500, "ng_reader"

Gas dryers aren't hard to find.
Non-electric gas dryers are probably much much harder.
mm wrote:

Hamsters not included.
Jon

Just got concerned that I had not seen a single front loader with nat gas hookup. homedepot dot com showed me some.
Have to admire LG for making one that is $500 and then another, painted a different color, and charging twice as much. Chutzpah.
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:40:36 -0500, "ng_reader"

That must be why the washer and dryer that came with my house is white.
My mother's were pink, but that was in 1957 before they could get away with charging more.

mm wrote:

White never goes out of style.
Jon
ng_reader wrote:

Did we ever find out?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

A "Non electric gas dryer" is a rope (clothesline) stretched over a malfunctioning cesspool. __________________ Bill Waller New Eagle, PA
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:37:45 -0800, "Jon Danniken"

Can you use a 1-hamsterpower motor?
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:36:40 -0600, Harry L wrote:

Probably not without the animal rights folk getting upset. I'm not sure how they feel about fractions of a hamster, though.