Non duplex GFI 'outlet'.

Someone has mentioned that there is device that is a GFCI and has the 'test' and 'reset' buttons, but does not have any ability to be a plug in duplex outlet.
A typical cost of around $5 was mentioned?
Fact? Info welcomed.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 09:11:04 -0800 (PST), terry

The only questionable part is the $5. They are called "dead fronts" and $8-12 may be a better number.
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 3, 2:22 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Thanks for the fast reply. Maybe my informant is wrong about the $5! Or perhaps it was a one day loss-leader sale item? "Dead-fronts' description appreciated. Cheers. terry
Add pictures here
✖

*They are switch rated so they can be used as on/off switches. I call them GFI switches. Any electrical supply will have them. I'm not sure about hardware stores.
Add pictures here
✖

I have seen a wide variety of these at the HD big box, but why not have an extra outlet?
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 19:32:02 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

They are usually used where you don't want the GFCI exposed to the weather but you want the circuit to be dedicated. Pool pumps, pool lights and boat lifts are common uses.
Add pictures here
✖

I have seen a wide variety of these at the HD big box, but why not have an extra outlet?
*I recently installed two on dedicated circuits for a hydromassage bathtub. I suggested and the customer agreed that having the GFI's over the vanity instead of under the tub made it is easier to reset them if they ever tripped instead of having to open up the access panel. I put them in the same box as the GFI bathroom receptacle.
Add pictures here
✖