non-combustible wood for mantle?

The tile surround does not extend far enough to build a mantle in compliance with required clearances for combustible materials. IE. 35 inches from hearth to top of tile, when the minimum allowed to this wood insert stove is 49 inches.
I am wondering if there is a product that can be used to build a mantle with the appearance of wood that is non-combustible?
Any ideas?
On Mar 8, 5:46 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

faux finish on masonry

I think the q. is. Why would anyone want a fire-place? they waste energy like nothing else. any heated air goes up the chimney. You want an insert . good luck!
--

Money: What a concept?

They look nice & smell good. I only use mine on not-so-cold days. It makes the room warm, but sucks the heat right out of the rest of the house. It's an occasional treat.

I agree, it's actually an insert. jotul c450 tamarack

Without knowing how rich you are, I could recommend a custom marble or granite thing. Matter of fact, I just did! :-)
On 8 Mar 2007 14:46:21 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Cement or plaster and a really good paint job, with stove paint.