Noisy squirrel in my attic. How do I get it out?

3S Rule.

Shoot, shove, shutup

Reply to
Gunner

As a general rule, they do. The warfarin makes them seek water which is usually outside. Of course there are exceptions. I had a house where the previous owner had gone into the crawl space and placed insulation under the floor which was "secured" by chicken wire and lathing. A rat ended up dead and entangled in the stuff. [Ewww doesn't even come close.]

Reply to
Elmo

alunimum soffit and fascia should stop re entry........

a loud radio played daily when no one is home would likely drive them out.

put radio in attic on hard rock channel blast volume, plug in with extension cord when you are going out..........

bet he or she leaves out of fear.

one shouldnt hurt gods creatures un necessarily

Reply to
hallerb

The toxilogical method of D-Con tends to make the critters very thirsty, and they head for a source of water.

I used to find them face down, in .5 " of water with great regularity.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

I thought it was "Shoot, Shovel, Shutup" :-)

John

-- John De Armond See my website for my current email address

Neon John

Not a very good guesser. Born and raised in a small town. Owned this cabin since my mom and I built it in 1970. I am enjoying the, as you call it, Snuffy Smith lifestyle. Slow paced, friendly neighbors, no TV or other annoyances, hunting and fishing any time I want, almost zero cost of living, etc. Don't glow too green with envy.

Actually, my neighbors have supplied my ammunition, they're so pleased that I've ridded the place of vermin. Mine isn't the only place that has been trashed by the fuzzy-tailed rats. One neighbor, in particular, calls me up whenever she sees a vermin on the loose, chiding me for dropping the ball on my job.

Interestingly enough, the same thing happened when I spent a couple of years living in a city sub-division (never again!). My new neighbor saw me carrying in an arm-load of rifles and came running. I ducked, thinking I was going to have to deal with an anti-gun nut. Instead, she introduced herself and the practically begged me to start killing squirrels. That I did, bagging over

100 out of that little 1 acre wooded back yard.

Tony, my huge orange tabby, had a bountiful feast that summer, eating everything but the squeak. I started spine-shooting the squirrels so that he could enjoy the actual kill.

John

-- John De Armond See my website for my current email address

Neon John

Sorry, didn't realize you were a troll.

Reply to
J. Clarke

alligators in Florida.

Your attic.

strabo

Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are.

git 'er done

S. Barker

ABSOLUTE GENIUS IN ACTION!!!!!

The only thing that could improve it would be a nice brick or concrete block wall for a landing zone!

Reply to
Don Bruder

Most likely thing here is that the destructive animal would be killed. A rare animal may be dealt with otherwise, but not necessarily.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

Get a cat. Mine catches squirrels that are almost twice his size.

Reply to
Boden

Nothing like a hard landing for the squirelly curmudgeon.

Reply to
hot-ham-and-cheese

terrible cruel, guy is a jerk

Reply to
hallerb

ooops....blush

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Oh! When looking into this group I first saw a complaint of somewhone about a woodchuck. Same tip for you: Read the description of a selb- built smoke bomb at instructables.com. Basically a mixture of sugar and saltpeter. Should smoke a lot - but beware of the smell!

Try it! Maybe you will be happy about having a squirrel. ;-)

virtuPIC

-- Airspace V - international hangar flying!

virtuPIC

The Montana Wolf Reduction Project credo may apply; SSS.

Shoot, Shovel, Shut-up. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

We had a squirrel and some of his rodent cousins in our attic. Had to hire a company to seal up all possible entry points. They also set traps in the attic. After a couple months and a couple more visits from the company, the problem was solved. Also found one deceased rat up there.

I understand those devices are a total waste of money.

Reply to
Torpeau

That same credo is being applied here where the artificially imported otters have absolutely stripped clean the Tellico River. It's heavily stocked during the season but in the past, fishing was decent even in the off-season. Last winter, by about January I couldn't chum any trout with anything I tried - bread dough, corn, etc. The river was sterile. At the same time, the banks were littered with dead trout that had only their brains and eyes eaten - an otter hallmark. They kill fish even when they're not hungry, eat the tasty part and waste the rest. But they sure do make good targets :-)

In this case, the creedo is "SKS"

Shoot, Kick, Shutup. That is, kick the carcass out into the river so it'll float away and give the catfish and crawdads some fine eating.

Tip: CB caps in the .22 short format are almost silent when fired out of a .22 rifle. Even quieter than a pellet gun. All I hear is the hammer smacking the firing pin and the bullet smacking home. Absolutely deadly to the otters.