Noisy squirrel in my attic. How do I get it out?

Page 2 of 3

Most likely thing here is that the destructive animal would be killed. A rare animal may be dealt with otherwise, but not necessarily.
Ken
Add pictures here
βœ–

βœ–

Shoot, shove, shutup
Add pictures here
βœ–

I thought it was "Shoot, Shovel, Shutup" :-)
John -- John De Armond See my website for my current email address http://www.neon-john.com http://www.johndearmond.com <-- best little blog on the net! Tellico Plains, Occupied TN To have doubted one’s own first principles is the mark of a civilized man -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
Add pictures here
βœ–

ooops....blush
Gunner
Add pictures here
βœ–
Oh! When looking into this group I first saw a complaint of somewhone about a woodchuck. Same tip for you: Read the description of a selb- built smoke bomb at instructables.com. Basically a mixture of sugar and saltpeter. Should smoke a lot - but beware of the smell!
Try it! Maybe you will be happy about having a squirrel. ;-)
virtuPIC -- Airspace V - international hangar flying! http://www.airspace-v.com
Add pictures here
βœ–
Gunner has been in too many bar fights. Shoot, shove, shutup.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

geez most of you must get you jollies by killing life for no reason.........
trap and relocate, seal up holes.
its really your own fault for having a insecure building.
d con might leave home stinking for months, if animal dies in wall.
and why is the OP report he sealed off the attic entrance with concrete and wood?
its a good idea to check places like attics yearly, for roof leaks and other hazards
Add pictures here
βœ–

Well yes, actually I do. Achieving a head shot from 30 yards on a squirrel or crow or other vermin is quite satisfying. An eye shot is even better.
But that doesn't apply here since squirrels are little more than rats with fluffy tails and they're being destructive. Ergo, they're killed for a reason.

By "trap and relocate", you're really saying, "catch the vermin and dump him out elsewhere to become someone else's problem. That's sooooo considerate of you.
Glad to see you have that kind of time on your hands. I don't. Or more correctly, I have no time to waste preserving the lives of vermin. This is misc.rural. You know, the country. The opposite of city. Where folks eliminate vermin and pests forthright and get on with other things.
As for sealing the holes, well, since the vermin chewed holes in my eaves to get in the attic in the first place, what would your odds be that sealing the holes would pose anything more than a minor inconvenience?

Funny thing about that theory. I've used the stuff all my life and never had vermin die anywhere that produced an odor that I could smell. My >theory< is that the poisoned vermin go outside to die.
I have had a rat or mouse drag a sticky trap back into a wall and die. Even then, the odor only lasted a day or two.

Since he didn't solicit your opinion on that topic, I suggest MYOB.
John -- John De Armond See my website for my current email address http://www.neon-john.com http://www.johndearmond.com <-- best little blog on the net! Tellico Plains, Occupied TN In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Neon John wrote:

Lemme guess, you grew up in the city in a building that somebody else maintained and now you've moved to the mountains to live the Snuffy Smith lifestyle.
You might want to find some of your rural neighbors who grew up there and find out what they think of your strategy of spending the rest of your life putting out dcon and shooting squirrels with a pellet gun instead of FIXING THE DAMNED HOLE. Be prepared to become a laughingstock.
--John
βœ–

Not a very good guesser. Born and raised in a small town. Owned this cabin since my mom and I built it in 1970. I am enjoying the, as you call it, Snuffy Smith lifestyle. Slow paced, friendly neighbors, no TV or other annoyances, hunting and fishing any time I want, almost zero cost of living, etc. Don't glow too green with envy.

Actually, my neighbors have supplied my ammunition, they're so pleased that I've ridded the place of vermin. Mine isn't the only place that has been trashed by the fuzzy-tailed rats. One neighbor, in particular, calls me up whenever she sees a vermin on the loose, chiding me for dropping the ball on my job.
Interestingly enough, the same thing happened when I spent a couple of years living in a city sub-division (never again!). My new neighbor saw me carrying in an arm-load of rifles and came running. I ducked, thinking I was going to have to deal with an anti-gun nut. Instead, she introduced herself and the practically begged me to start killing squirrels. That I did, bagging over 100 out of that little 1 acre wooded back yard.
Tony, my huge orange tabby, had a bountiful feast that summer, eating everything but the squeak. I started spine-shooting the squirrels so that he could enjoy the actual kill.
John -- John De Armond See my website for my current email address http://www.neon-john.com http://www.johndearmond.com <-- best little blog on the net! Tellico Plains, Occupied TN If stupidity hurt then there'd be Aspirin in the salt shakers.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Neon John wrote:

Sorry, didn't realize you were a troll.
<plonk>
--John
βœ–
Neon John wrote:

As a general rule, they do. The warfarin makes them seek water which is usually outside. Of course there are exceptions. I had a house where the previous owner had gone into the crawl space and placed insulation under the floor which was "secured" by chicken wire and lathing. A rat ended up dead and entangled in the stuff. [Ewww doesn't even come close.]

--
Self-interest, caused by low selfish desire, is the root
cause of contemporary world chaos and individual misery.
βœ–
alunimum soffit and fascia should stop re entry........
a loud radio played daily when no one is home would likely drive them out.
put radio in attic on hard rock channel blast volume, plug in with extension cord when you are going out..........
bet he or she leaves out of fear.
one shouldnt hurt gods creatures un necessarily
Add pictures here
βœ–
Either that, or the squirrel starts shooting police officers, and selling drugs. Cap do ho, know I'm saying, bro?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

The toxilogical method of D-Con tends to make the critters very thirsty, and they head for a source of water.
I used to find them face down, in .5 " of water with great regularity.
Gunner
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Apr 29, 11:48 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You could try getting him a one way ticket to Argentina.
Add pictures here
βœ–
http://www.broadcaster.com/clip/16925
Add pictures here
βœ–
Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are.
git 'er done

βœ–

ABSOLUTE GENIUS IN ACTION!!!!!
The only thing that could improve it would be a nice brick or concrete block wall for a landing zone!
--
Don Bruder - snipped-for-privacy@sonic.net - If your "From:" address isn\'t on my whitelist,
or the subject of the message doesn\'t contain the exact text "PopperAndShadow"