noisy door

Page 2 of 2

I saw a dormatory janitor tap the top of each hinge with a hammer to stop a door from squeaking. It stopped the squeak, at least for a couple months.
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 22:57:58 +0000, against all advice, something

Have you tried WD-40?
--

Real men don\'t text.

Steve Daniels wrote:

*facepalm*
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

Yesterday we were having lunch at SWMBO's niece's basement studio apartment and three out of the four doors in the place shrieked like banshees when moved.
I got some olive oil from her kitchen and rubbed it up and down the hinges with my fingertip whilve lifting and moving the door a bit with my other hand, then I wiped off the excess oil with a paper towel.
That worked slicker than snot on a brass doorknob...Silenced 'em all nicely.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

I can hear the high pitched voices now. "That's amazing! Look at that. They haven't been that quiet in years! Oh Jeff...you're so smart and wonderful!"
<he-he snicker-snicker>
:-)
Never open it.
I'm remembering the door knob lock I serviced years ago. The one woman, Carol, noticed her knob lock wasn't working well. Bonnie suggested to take some cooking spray, and soak it good. The cooking spray oil got all sticky, and it took me a long time to get it all flushed out with harsh chemicals. In that case, powdered graphite was the answer, not cooking oil.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
gfa2c wrote:

I recently repaired a couple of doors for a customer and I use industrial chain lubricant (not motorcycle chain lube) for all the mechanisms. For a door that squeaks, I use saw wax on the edges of the door and frame.
http://tiny.cc/nkZuF
http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/525024
TDD
gfa2c wrote:

Take out the hinge pins half way, drill a hole, tap it and screw in a grease fitting. Grease it.
--
Van Chocstraw