noisy ceiling fan

I have a 10-12 year old Hunter ceiling hugging ceiling fan. Runs great except when it's on low. Lately it makes a pulsating humming nolse when it's on low in either direction. My question is, is the shaft on this fan supposed to be oiled or is it a sealed system? And, if it is to be oiled, what type of oil do I use?
--
Yard and Garden Handyman

Replace the bearings or the entire fan. The bearings are probably sealed.
RB