Noise Reduction in Office with Partitions

Anyone have any tips on how I could reduce the noise in my office 'cube'? We have 7 foot metal shelving units that partition the office. I'm wondering if just attaching some pyramid foam would help?

Yes, it would. Sound travels around and over some strange paths. You may want to experiment with location for best results.
snipped-for-privacy@wonderhorse.net wrote:

It got a lot quieter for us when we switched from four foot metal to five foot cloth covered dividers.
Take a look at:
http://www.soundproofing.org /
BYW in some cases you may be able to control the noise at the source, like a printer or copy machine or just move the guy with the offensive radio station. :-)
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven. I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating, so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.
dv
The geographical center of Boston is in Roxbury. Due north of the