noise reduction

I own a raise ranche home that is split into a 2 family house, 1st and

2nd floor.

I recently put hard wood flooring in my living room. The gaps where the wall and floor meet I used caulk to seal off that bit of space, thinking it will block some noise. The wall plugs I used electric foam covers that go inside the plate.

I managed to cut down the noise level I hear from the 1st floor a little. One of the problems is noise coming from the 1st floor where the 1st floor door is. There is an almost 1 inch gap under the door. Is there something I could do to muffle the noise a little without replacing the door.

I was wondering if anyone also has any other advice on muffling the noise coming from downstairs.

Reply to
yo

Before you close off that inch space under the door, make sure it is not needed for air circulation as in heating and cooling.

Take a look at:

Note: I have no connections with them, but they do have some good information. The little I have ordered from them was fine.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan