Noise Maytag washer, top loader

First Maytag washer and dryer lasted forever, new appliances are not reliable regardless who makes it.
Anyway this 3 years old Maytag washer developed a very loud continuous rumbling noise whenever the motor is on in any part of the cycle. So noisy we couldn't watch TV even with the speaker volume up. Otherwise it works fine. Any ideas before I take it apart? TIA
Frank wrote:

Motor related brings up the possibilty of a bad belt, belt tensioner, or pulley(s). Say a prayer that the transmission is OK. Repairclinic.com for advice and parts, as always. Good luck.
Joe