Noise from basement drain

I have a basement drain that is for water condensation from my heat pump air handler. In the cold weather months there is a noise coming out of this drain that sounds somehow like air pressure is causing the water in the drain to go up and down. The drain is connected to a sump which is pumped to the main sewer line. What can be causing this annoying noise problem in the drain??? Can it be prevented?? Thanks, Victor
victor wrote:

It sounds like it is air pressure making the difference. Does it do it more on windy days?
I am going to make a guess that the end of it is below the high water level in the sump. Just cut the pipe down so it ends above that water level. Make sure there are no drains connected to it however.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit