Nobody was listening.

Page 10 of 16
FDR wrote:

I don't give a hoot about any of the property, per se...the issue is keeping civil order. You brought up violence. I mentioned the weapons--seem to go together to me. You asked about locks. I mentioned the stores were locked, too. You repeated yourelf yet again.

And you're insinuation was that a lock is a lock. I would hope/think that a pistol shop has better ways to lock up pistols, much better ways, than a WalMart locks it's tvs.
FDR wrote:

Have you not walked through the sporting goods area of your local Wally-World?
Nor would I suspect that the folks under discussion were much concerned about a little extra effort...
Duane, by his use of the word "pistol", I would guess that he doesn't have a gun section if he has a Wally-World at all.
Tina

Christina Peterson wrote:

That "block away" part, as well. Few people shoot that well with a hand gun.
Is this the home repairs resident troll? Would anyone in either news group think locking something up is going to keep it out of the reach of someone determined and who has plenty of time?
I've seen reports of people stealing fork lifts to open stores with. A gun safe is going to be a problem?
(Fork lifts open nearly anything, and that's if you are just being careless.)

I see you also don't understand the first thing about firearms.

Go tell that to the Army.

So, because the army has a slang definition of the word "gun", you deduce that that's the defining factor? I see you also don't understand the first thing about firearms, language, or the army.

in the Army, a "gun" is an artillery piece.

No no no! David knows everything about everything. Take back what you said before you feel his wrath.

Even this you can't get right.
On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 00:25:42 +0000, 123go wrote:

....or something between your legs, AIUI. ;-)
"This is my rifle and this is my gun." "One is for killing and one is for fun."
--
Keith

The Army refers to it's weapons as pistol or rifle. Gun is considered slang and not much appreciated.

The army has more weapons than just pistols and rifles. Did you have a point with this little aside, or are you just wasting (more) bits?

Yes they do, but guns are not a pistol.

"This is your rifle, this is your gun, one is for fighting and one is for fun"? Hmmm, and a hand gun is what you get when you masturbate?
Tina
FDR wrote:

They were both originally locked up?
I know you are not a misc rural regular. Would a home repairs ng regular think for a single minute that locking something up in an abandoned building going to keep it out of the reach of a thief?
Come on, you think home repairs means rearranging the house plants?
FDR wrote:

You are posting from either misc rural or alt home repairs and yet think that locking stuff up is going to keep it out of the reach of someone determined to steal it, and has no reason to worry about time or noise?

Apparently the gun shop owners don't care all that much about their stuff getting robbed.