Nobody was listening.

Page 8 of 16

Ok, so let the police go write parking tickets while people drown. They should get those j walkers too.
Fucking Dopey Replies wrote:

There it is folks...
G Henslee wrote:

He has done a good job of convincing me of something.
Not what he had in mind convincing me of.
But he is real convincing.

Yup, the conservative logic of chosing to punish looters while the innocent drown. No wonder it took 5 days for help to arrive from the Feds.
FDR wrote:

It didn't, and you know that. But you said it anyway.
inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don\'t know

I knok that a token force of 1200 soldiers was sent in Monday or Tuesday. The real force didn't arrive until 5+ days after the fact. But you knew that.

FDR wrote:

Why didn't Blanco send them in earlier? The National Guard is under State control for this sort of task.

And FEMA is also capable of asserting control if it wants to ever since 9/11.

And the Liberal logic is to apologise to the looters because "society forced them" to become looters, while the innocent drown.
David Starr wrote:

And regards parking tickets as being a higher priority than either looters or people in danger of dying.

Actually, no. Looting is wrong. However, you use your police and resources in the best manner available. What are these looters going to do with a tv whne they can't take it with them? So instead of sitting at the WalMart, it's sitting at an abandoned home. This is what you are all worried about?

YouKidding? wrote:

What changed it was the lawyers. Although they are Officers of The Court they don't hesitate to lie in order to get someone known by them to be guilty completely freed.
If you lie in court you go to jail. When they do they're praised for doing a good job.
inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don\'t know

Or disbarred.

Those folks who make the claim are welcome to do so, but making a claim doesn't make it so. Some of us have little or no use for the so-called "christian/judeo values" simply because those values are based on the postulate that some "god" exists.
While many of them make good sense (Do unto others, though shalt not steal) as stand-alone concepts, the overall framework from which they spring (There is a god, he/she/it is the all-powerful force in the universe) is fundamentally flawed by a complete lack of anything that even remotely resembles proof, and thus ignored by those of us who practice rational thought, rather than vainly hoping that what propitiating some imaginary being will get us a place in an equally imaginary "afterlife".
(Before you waste your time attempting to argue the "but it's not imaginary" side at me, please gather incontrovertible evidence that the aforementioned "god" and/or "afterlife" exists. Until such evidence is forthcoming, no amount of bleating about how "real" this god of yours is holds any water. Hint: "I believe", or any variation on it, including "The Bible says" is not proof.)
--
Don Bruder - snipped-for-privacy@sonic.net - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
Short form: I\'m trashing EVERY E-mail that doesn\'t contain a password in the

No, it was never true. It is just a case of one of those lies, endlessly repeated, becoming indistinguishable(in many peoples' minds, from the truth.
The Watcher wrote:

Oh you mean like: I am a compassionate conservative. Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction.
--
"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything.
I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency.

Like Pat Robertson, encouraging the assassination of Hugo Chavez, not forgetting Kim Jong-il North Korea, Mugabe Zimbabwe, Ahamadi-Nejad who else should we includes?
Are we the policeman of the world and decide who we should eliminate?
Dave Jefford wrote:

You.
No. YOU should sit down with everyone of them and teach them to chant:
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Now be gone with you...

Hey, blow up any abortion clinics today?

Do you own this ng?