Nobody was listening.

! This is the big one! get my 72 virgins

Dear Lord, If you don't care too much, could you change mine to 72 32- year-olds who know what the hell they are doing?

Reply to
Steve Cothran

Praying by yourself, your wish might not be granted. But if you donate a huge sum to Robert Tilton or Benny Hine your wish will be definitely be granted.

Reply to
Dave Jefford

Frankly I would rather be burn in hell, than to be in heaven with you, Benny Hine, Robert Tilton, Pat Roberson and the rest of the crooks... (and you know who)

Reply to
Dave Jefford

Money, money... they only wanna money!

BTW, way why do they need so much money?

Reply to
Dave Jefford

There was a plan in place but it wasn't followed. Article here:

I read elsewhere that Louisiana had its own plan. It called for the use of school buses and such to transport people who had no personal transportation.

Dean

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I was in New Orleans for a week in July last year. I read the Nat Geo when it came out end September but forgot all about it. I had my full attention on the telly for the past week and while mesmerized I wasn't surprised. So that's why I had a strange uneasy feeling of déjà vu about Katrina.

The Nat Geo article is pretty much what the locals said about their city. There was kind of nonchalance to the effect that "If it happens it'll happen. But will live through it."

How much more an accurate prediction can you make than

evacuated to higher ground.

storm surge into Lake Pontchartrain.

then spilled over.

below in places?

of Gentilly,

the Garden District,

pale rider of the Apocalypse.

onto roofs to escape it.

industrial waste.

And yet when it happened no one was prepared for the consequences. "Some 200,000 remained, however, the car-less, the homeless, the aged and infirm, .." makes one ask why wasn't there a plan to evacuate them. Why wasn't there a plan to house and feed them in the evacuation zone? Why wasn't there any survival literature on what to do should they chose to remain and face the flood? . Its obvious that thousands would remain for the reasons already known.

Something is terribly amiss when disaster management officials could predict so accurately the consequences of a levee breach, a breach as a consequence of a devasting storm, and yet no one thought through as what to do with the people.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

Who is Benny Hine? Isn't his name Benny Hinn?

YK

Reply to
YouKidding?

OK I goof, it's BENNY HINN. I just love watching him on TV. Imagine the huge crowd of followers and more all over the world, and hundred of millions tax free dollars?

Reply to
Dave Jefford

Hey, I forgot it's now "Intelligent Design". What a load of trash! It's not pray, it's "MONEY"

Reply to
Dave Jefford

No, No, it Japanese Tapan! I just love the way the prepare lobsters. Is Benny Nine a Tapan cook?

Here's is a site for a good tapan...

Dave Jefford

On 9/4/2005 9:29 AM US(ET), YouKidding? took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Benny Hill was more believable.

Reply to
willshak

Reply to
Reverand George

There is usually small stream flooding and road closings at least once a year where I live. But it has been several years since it was serious enough for an emergency to be declared. There are two large COE dams/impounds about 5 miles away; they're primarily to prevent flooding in an adjoining state and downstream in my state. It would take significant money to convince me to live in the town at the base of the dam that collapsed when it was partially built.

No, an intentional release or breach wouldn't cause the $$ damage or loss of life as there was in New Orleans. But the op was talking about individual safety. If you're killed, it's immaterial whether no one else was or 1,000 more were.

Reply to
Ann

evacuated to higher ground.

deadly storm surge into Lake Pontchartrain.

then spilled over.

below in places?

of Gentilly,

of the Garden District,

pale rider of the Apocalypse.

onto roofs to escape it.

industrial waste.

Worse, imo. There _was_ a plan... (repeat quote, in case this posted to misc.rural only didn't reach your attention)

"Using information developed as part of the Southeast Louisiana Hurricane Task Force and other research, the City of New Orleans has established a maximum acceptable hurricane evacuation time standard for a Category 3 storm event of 72 hours. This is based on clearance time or is the time required to clear all vehicles evacuating in response to a hurricane situation from area roadways. Clearance time begins when the first evacuating vehicle enters the road network and ends when the last evacuating vehicle reaches its destination. Clearance time also includes the time required by evacuees to secure their homes and prepare to leave (mobilization time); the time spent by evacuees traveling along the road network (travel time); and the time spent by evacuees waiting along the road network due to traffic congestion (delay time). Clearance time does not refer to the time a single vehicle spends traveling on the road network. Evacuation notices or orders will be issued during three stages prior to gale force winds making landfall. > Precautionary Evacuation Notice: 72 hours or less > Special Needs Evacuation Order: 8-12 hours after Precautionary Evacuation Notice issued > General Evacuation Notice: 48 hours or less ?

Special Needs means people in wheelchairs, nursing homes, hospitals, and without transportation (defined upwards in the plan). that means by LATE THURSDAY when there was a 70% chance of NO being hit, Nagin had UNDER HIS OWN PLAN the responsibility to get say, the 80 nursing home residents who drowned, out of the city and to an evacuation zone. Given that the plan defines about 100,000 people who meet this criteria the biggest responsibility for the deaths lies with Ray Nagin (a man whom I otherwise admire and is basically a Louisiana Republican). What else can be said?"

SueK

Reply to
jJohn Klausner

This is Turtle.

Awwwwww , I don't live on the coast for this one reason. I live about 100 miles off the coast.

We have a few people here in town who got out early here but none of the late ones that will be getting out because they are very disrespectiable peoples. So watch out for the late ones that are getting out for they are the ones that will be the drug dealers and drug heads who will create the trouble. The early ones that got out will be the ones your getting for the late ones / Drug dealers are just being moved out now. The Red Cross knows who they are dealing with and will try to seperate the low life from the regular people. the Low Life is starting out today 9/4/05 Sunday .

Thanks for thinking about me but i'm OK.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Everyone knows that President Bush caused the hurricane!!! Those damn republicans are going to kill us all!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

Let us pray:

"Hymn 43"

Oh father high in heaven -- smile down upon your son whose busy with his money games -- his women and his gun. Oh Jesus save me! And the unsung Western hero killed an Indian or three and made his name in Hollywood to set the white man free. Oh Jesus save me! If Jesus saves -- well, He'd better save Himself from the gory glory seekers who use His name in death. Oh Jesus save me! I saw him in the city and on the mountains of the moon -- His cross was rather bloody -- He could hardly roll His stone. Oh Jesus save me!

God! He stole the handle, and the train it won't stop rolling no way to slow down........

"Oh, Lord! Won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz!!!...."

;-]

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Democrats? In aggregate, over time, they may cost you more than Katrina costs New Orleans.

Reply to
HeyBub

Eek! I'm in Texas. We've got almost a quarter million of them.

If, as you say, they didn't have the resources to leave, they won't have the resources to go back!

Woe.

Reply to
HeyBub

Personally, I prefer Ernest Aingley. "Y'all want the 50 dollar cure or the 200 dollar cure?"

I used to think that "Reverend Ike" was a character Flip Wilson made up, until I got a letter from the rev. He was selling "prayer rugs"; the bigger the rug you buy, the quicker your prayers would be answered.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant. Now I can do what I enjoy: Large Format Photography Web Page:

David Starr

Yes, most of the east is fairly active seismically but of low magnitude. New Madrid, otoh, is moderately active and prone to high amplitude as well.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth