Nobody was listening.

Page 4 of 16  
Youkidding? wrote:

Straw man argument. It has nothing to do with property, and everything to do with civil order. You don't shoot looters because they are stealing stuff, you shoot looters because they are interfering with rescue efforts and the restoration of civil order. Society has a right to defend itself, collectively just as much as individually.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

1) How are they interfering with rescue efforts?
2) Can we shoot those people stealing bread and bottled water too?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Fucking Dopey Replies wrote:

There it is folks...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You're a broken record.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Fucking Dopey Replies wrote:

Pot - Kettle - Black
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
_remove_spam_block snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (FDR) says...

You can't really be that stupid.

So then, where is the nearest bakery? Why do you feel that someone looking for a drink of water is a looter? You are some kind of nut case.
--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc


Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
(FDR) says...

I've been told that looters are taking money from shopowners. So those looking for food are just as guilty as stealing money when they steal food. If you are going to use that argument, then you'd better do a better job making it stick.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

You can't see the ethical difference between stealing food and water to keep yourself alive, vs. stealing consumer goods with no survival value, during a life threatening emergency situation?
Really? You _REALLY_ don't see the difference? Direct question; please provide a direct question if you are capable of it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

I see the difference. I also know that insurance is there for just these instances. Why can't you?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

So, you think we should just let the criminals run off with firearms, and let the insurance claim work it out? Don't you see that an armed criminal is a danger to society in general, and during an emergency situtation particularly?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Dave Hinz wrote:

Dave,
This bleedign heart fuck sees more harm in a trained authorized individual carrying a firearm than a criminal doing so. How can you reason with a nitwit such as that?
--
WARNING:

Do NOT under any circumstances take advice from an idiot named AMUN.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload


Yeah, I know. If your point is that you don't want to see my responses to him, there's an easy fix for you.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Dave Hinz wrote:

My point was what it was. Take it anyway you like. No filtering here. Killfiles are for pussys.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Fair enough, it's just that you made that same point to me an hour or two earlier as well. And killfiles are a great way of improving signal:noise ratio - it's not an act of "wow, I can't compete with that", it's a statement of "Wow, that's not even worth my time to read". Try 'em, you'll like 'em.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Hang on. This is where you're supposed to say, ".. and I will defend to the death your right to disagree".
Tina
wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Christina Peterson wrote:

But, we won't defend to the death your right to top-post. You have none. Get your shit together.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Why is a trained officer playing cop and robber while others drown?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Because that's their function; to preserve law and order. Without that, rescue operations are impossible. Oh, and last I checked? Fire and EMS are in the rescue business; cops aren't trained nearly as highly in rescue as firefighters and EMTs. I'm speaking from direct personal experience on that, by the way. How about you?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Dave Hinz wrote:

FDR's a trained idiot who wouldn't pick up a rubber band gun to save his or anyone elses ass.
But i should let him tell you that...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Don't count on it. I disagree with shooting looters. I disagree that the job of cops is force and intimidation (or that it's the job of the US). I think his statements are immoderate, just like yours. I am a very accommodating person. I would not shoot anyone with a rubber band gun. If I shoot an animal or human it would not be with a toy or with intention to cause an owwee.
Tina
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.