Nobody was listening.

Or disbarred.

Reply to
FDR

Thanks for confirming my suspicions, troll. Find someone else to dance for you.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

The looters are threatening the stability of the entire system. Do you think they're only commiting "victimless crimes"?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

So, is your point that a homeowner shouldn't have the right to defend himself from a looter? Think carefully before you answer that.

(snip story about going where you shouldn't have gone)

Obviously they had access to guns, and yet chose not to use them. Hm, hadn't thought of that, had you.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

You say that like it's a bad thing?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Which is clearly on the top of your vacuum-filled head.

You cease to be amusing, and instead, become purely annoying with your continuing disregard of anything resembling intelligent thought, so, it is with relief, not regret, that I relegate you to the land of the killfiled. Have a nice stay. Moron.

Reply to
Don Bruder

Yes, if it is the insurees stealing from the insurance company or the federal government. Physically remove 10- $50 pair of sneakers and you can (and many here applaud) be shot and killed. Making slight oversight errors on the worth of your insured property for sums perhaps way in excess of the fatal $500 sneaker grab, well, that's just the cost of doing business, and if caught at it, there will not be any such summary execution, but some longer, more drawn-out legal proceeding, with the robbers (funny, we don't call the wealthy who do this "robbers," nor do we call this "looting.") paying some token fine.

Ripping off a shoe store of $500....shoot the b***ards! Ripping off an insurance company of $50,000.....Club Fed.....if that.

And selling what you told the insurance company (or the federal government) was your "....entire stock, that was taken away by the muddy waters...," where "the muddy waters" was the name your brother-in-law gave his truck, is just good old American capitalism. "Looter?" "Robber?" "Shot dead"? Heavens no.

"
Reply to
terphenyl

If the legislature has enacted a law specifiying that looters be shot on sight... that *is* "due process".

Reply to
Doug Miller

Can't find that in the Constitution, huh?

Reply to
Doug Miller

Utter nonsense. In some jurisdictions, at least, police are authorized to use deadly force against a fleeing felon _even_if_unarmed_.

And of course it depends on the circumstances, too. You're speaking of _normal_ circumstances. Do you _really_ think that police are not allowed to quell a riot using force that exceeds that used by the rioters?

Reply to
Doug Miller

You da' man! I only gots 31.25 in the typewriter factory. Maybe next year. ;-)

Reply to
keith

Per Don Bruder:

I would opine "Dead wrong".

Give out five hundred shotguns to five hundred young men who don't have to answer for their actions and you've got a recipe for big time trouble.

Refer to the example I gave of Fort Lauderdale in the sixties. No guns involved, but I'd say the psychology is the same.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Per Christina Peterson:

Around where I live, there are plenty of people working long hard hours but still living paycheck-to-paycheck - or worse.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Yeah.

Maybe he could play his so-called "hunting song" for them. The way he originally did it.

...."Great White Buffalo" sure had a lot of truth in it.

Yeah. A "hunt" for publicity.

I believe the guy was saying that the pussies *wouldn't* help, though...

- - -

Always an enlightening moment, with:

Turin

I have such sites to show you...

------------------------

------------------------

"He who changeth, altereth, misconstrueth, argueth with, deleteth, or maketh a lie about these words or causeth them to not be known shall burn in hell forever and ever...."

-----

Reply to
TurinTurambar.1

Yeah, but he didn't and neither did you.

That's the great thing about Bush. He never is responsible. He sent kids to die in a war that was based on false claims. Has he aplogized to the families of the dead soldiers? Apologized to the nation? Taken one bit of responsibilty? No.

So don't expect to hear him take any responsibility here either. But he sure as well will take the credit for running the investigation into what went wrong. And guess what, his investigation will find that he didn't do anything wrong.

Reply to
FDR

I knok that a token force of 1200 soldiers was sent in Monday or Tuesday. The real force didn't arrive until 5+ days after the fact. But you knew that.

Reply to
FDR

Actually, no. Looting is wrong. However, you use your police and resources in the best manner available. What are these looters going to do with a tv whne they can't take it with them? So instead of sitting at the WalMart, it's sitting at an abandoned home. This is what you are all worried about?

Reply to
FDR

Hey, blow up any abortion clinics today?

Reply to
FDR

Well, I can see how a tv and a pistol can be considered equal. I mean, those looters stole tvs so they could throw them at the police from a block away. I bet that tv flew a whole three feet before hitting the ground and the police laughed.

So tell me again about tvs and pistols.....

Reply to
FDR

Apparently the gun shop owners don't care all that much about their stuff getting robbed.

Reply to
FDR