Nobody was listening.

Page 14 of 16
FDR wrote:

I have consistently been referring to the imposition of martial law in order to preserve order and make the ability to revert to civil law possible plus to expedite rescue/recovery operations at reduced risk to those persons.
You have been throwing up red herrings and other ad hoc comments to see if you could get anything to stick...
Duane Bozarth wrote:

Well, he's been throwing up allright.

I feel it's been the opposite.
_remove_spam_block snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (FDR) says...

Please stay on point. The discussion was of police and the military shooting looters on sight, under orders from the governor or the president. Nobody was "taking the law into their own hands." It was a necessary measure to restore civil order, and the only responsible course of action.
There were some cases of building occupants shooting people attempting to break in. That was self-defense, an entirely different issue. Nobody objects to killing in self-defense.
You were the one with the fantasy of gettin' your gun and heading out to pot a few looters. The police and military would be justified in killing you too. In fact, that small armed group that the Army wiped out was probably a batch of nut cases like you. What skin color do you think they were?
--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc

there are plenty of our legislators and congressmembers who DO object to the use of deadly force in self defense. Strange, but true. Senator Feinstein has stated something to the effect of "I understand why some people want guns for hunting, but self defense is not something I am comfortable with". We also hear quite frequent howls when a police officer shoots someone in self defense.
123go wrote:

When Feinstein was mayor of San Francisco she carried a "Saturday Night Special" in her purse. As that type of weapon is not legal to even own in CA she could not have had a Concealed Weapon permit.
inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don\'t know

the firearm was legal, I think she got it from the police dept. from their recovered gun inventory, and I think she had a "junior G man" badge from the Justice Dept, so she was some sort of U.S. Marshall - she could carry nationwide.
rank has its privileges, eh. What a hypocrite . . .
123go wrote:

The newspapers and tv reports all said it was not legal to possess that weapon in CA.
inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don\'t know

I don't recall that, or even recall that certain handguns were illegal back then. But you could be right, one more "privilege" to her majesty.

Is that why she has an armed bodyguard?

With the inevitable "Yes, he had a long criminal record ,but he was just starting to think about considering turning his life around" wailing, yes.

Does she? Hmmm, well I bet a bodyguard has more training the everyday yokel walking around the street.

And does that mean the "good" Senator is more deserving of an armed bodyguard than the "everyday yokel walking around the street", Mr. Elitist Snob?
Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional.

Does the President?

Yes, it's so SHE doesn't have to bother with SELF defense. :/ None of that messy dirtying of her hands.

Poor victims of society and all that, you know.
Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional.

These trigger happy card carrying NRA vigilante are out to shoot anything that move. I guess they can't shoot straight and find reasons for target practices.
C'mon, Dave. People in the NRA are probably LESS likely to be vigilantes. Same as most people in Alcoholics Anonymous don't ever drink. OUTLAWS are vigilantes.
NRA is mostly law abiding gun owners like myself. Would I kill to protect me or mine? Yes. I also do a little martial arts. I'm a dyed in the wool Pacifist from the 60s. Grew up near UC Berkeley. Way too liberal for most groups like this (do well in women's groups and arty groups). I believe in force if it lessen violence. And other people as left leaning as I also are NRA card-carrying members.
Stop being insulting, or the good message you have will be lost!
Tina

Christina Peterson wrote:

Now I know for a fact I love you. Hey baby. I'm across the bay from ya in San B. Wanna hookup for drinks and elicit sex? huh?

Believe me, I get all the licit sex I want. And I'm a long way from the Bay Area now. Up in Alaska.
So you're a rural from San Bruno, eh? My dad was born and raising in the middle of Oakland. The family had a cow, chickens and a big vegetable garden. Of course, that was 100 years ago.
Tina

MORE likely.

I was watching cable last night a few "hunters" were describing a beautiful rare African's "deer" (could not remember what kind of deer) they planned to kill in the bush. A "hunter" took aim a killed it. I just don't understand how anyone could enjoy killing that rare and beautify animal? I think it's really senseless and mind bogging! I am sure any NRA card carrying member will have a million reasons to end the animal life.

Dave Jefford wrote:

They ran out of looters.