Nobody was listening.

Ammunition is cheap, and so are body bags...

Reply to
Don Bruder

What? Are you dissing Tonto? Roy and Gene and Hopalong were not true history? This is going to have deep psychological consequences on me.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I've got some bad news for you, Sparky... you'd better sit down...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Oddly enough, I score centerist/libertarian on political quizzes.

I notice that you didn't bother to respond to the actual, you know, message.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I'm sure the flatscreen TVs, etc., coming out of the upscale stores were personal property they had already purchased but wasn't yet delivered so thought this was a good time. Yeah.

But, no, human life isn't cheap and it isn't really the looting, per se.

It's that anarchy simply can be allowed to develop.

It's one thing to go scavanging for food and water and other necessities. This was nothing other than common hoodlums.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

I'd prefer Leonard McCoy...

Reply to
Don Bruder

Yup, human life is cheap. Shoot anyone that has an item in their hand that looks like it might have been stolen. It doesn't matter if it is food, bottled water, or TV sets. The fact that they may have been transporting property they owned, should never be investigated. Just shoot them. Typical survivalist attitude.

After watching the waste of human life, cause it was cheap, in Vietnam, I never thought I'd hear it from uppity US citizens, who supposedly value life. But, I have time after time. The exact reason, after being a peace officer for a period of time, I quit. Couldn't shot someone who stole a small or large item, if they didn't have a weapon and innocent people were not in danger. Property can be replaced, innocent lives can not.

But then, some people value their and other's possessions more than other's lives. Religion taught us that, right?

YK

Reply to
YouKidding?

Or get some of those insurgents, who like killing 'Mericans, from Iraq or Afghanistan to do the job?

YK

Reply to
YouKidding?

The law of the Constitution does "not" override one's love of material items. Saving material items comes first. That's what all those who died in war fought for, not really freedom. You don't know US history too well do you. Some, of course, think they died for the flag. Well, it is a material thing, not abstract, like freedom.

YK

Reply to
YouKidding?

Ahh, you are talking about New Orleans, here. The place where a former politician said the only way he could lose an election was if he was caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy.

The looters only had to carry what they stole. The cops would have had to carry around fighting looters. I repeat - there were no jails.

Given that there was no effective communication or electricity, the example would have been effectively invisible.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

and your constitution ends up worthless.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

A criminal who decides to loot in a situation like that has already decided and announced that his life is worth less than the stuff he's stealing.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

He can't do shit without a truckload of dilithium crystals...

AL

Reply to
AL

Like they did to an innocent Brazilian man shot dead by British police who mistook him for a London bombing suspect?

Don't underestimate the power of religion, looking back at recent times, I am worry about the power of religions be it Christianity, Muslim, Buddhist or whatever and the people practicing it. Remember Pastor Jim Jones and more recently Pat Robert encouraging the assassination of Hugo Chavez of Venezuela and least we forget Osama Bin Laden. Mad men appearing on our Cables 7/24 promising all kinds of cures and a place in heaven, wealth etc. for your hard earn dollars.

Reply to
Dave Jefford

Oh yea? You mean I'm Rip Van Winkle?

Reply to
Dave Jefford

Anything that don't moves?

Reply to
Dave Jefford

Perhaps you'd care to point out exactly where the Constitution prohibits police from shooting looters.

Reply to
Doug Miller

You may want to read the charter for FEMA before you make those claims.

Reply to
FDR

And I repeat: Bullets and bodybags are cheap, and the correct way to deal with looters.

Reply to
Don Bruder

Since when is *THAT* news?!?!? Certainly not anytinme in the last 30 years or so...

Despite the lip-service that's given to the constitution, the *REAL* law of the land in America is money, and has been since ... Oh, I'd put it at sometime around the tail-end of WWII, give or take 5 years.

Reply to
Don Bruder