No Water to Master Bathroom Shower and Tub

I came home yesterday to find that my master bathroom had no water pressure or water incoming to either the shower or tub. The toilet and double vanity sink is receiving and delivering water, no problem.

I live in the Dallas metro area, so the temperature has not dropped anywhere near that of freezing, which has left me perplexed.

I tried my Daughters suggestion of leaving the faucet open, in hopes that it may force whatever might be blocking the flow to dislodge.

I also thought there may have been air in the line from somewhere.

Before I spend an arm and a leg contacting a plumber, can anyone give me an idea of what my problem might be?

Cheers, Distraught in Dallas

Reply to
heather.janell

Oops -

Two story home, master is on first floor near rear of house

Reply to
heather.janell

have kids? sometimes children have fun and may have turned some handles:)

Reply to
hallerb

House or apartment? Single story or multi?

Reply to
Nick Hull

Haller's suggestion is a possibility but most strange if it is both hot and cold as that takes two, not one. I'm at a loss for the complete blockage at two locations myself unless they're somehow a common feed with an external to the controls at the end point temperature-regulating device which seems farfetched too...

Reply to
dpb

day to find that my master bathroom had no water

a friends son had a few minutes once unsupervised.

turned hot water tank to vacation, flipped furnace service switch to off, and closed 2 valves shutting off all water to kitchen, parents report he had 5 minutes of freedom.....

busy boy he was........

this happened as they were leaving on trip in freezing weather. at last minute the trip got cancelled.

otherwise when they got home their pipes would of burst

Reply to
hallerb

Are the shower and tub two separate units, or is the shower in the tub area?

Is the later, it a single handle faucet or two separate faucets for cold and hot, and how do you select whether the water comes out of the shower head or the tub spout?

Tell us a bit more and we can offer more intelligent answers.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

to find that my master bathroom had no water

I have a friend who has two children. When the girl was 2, whenever she found keys, she would run and throw them in the toilet.

She would also go into the bathroom, lock the door, stop up the sink and turn on the faucets, happily letting the sink overflow. I gather she did this several times before or maybe after they disabled the bathroom lock.

With her bate fingers, she would unscrew the screws holding on the handles I think it was of the kitchen drawers, so the handles fell off when they tried to open the drawers.

Now she is 25 or 30 and has two children. The 4-year old boy I gather is normal. But the 2-year old girl does some of the same things she used to do.

Reply to
mm

Don't ever do that. If perchance the water did get back to normal, it would run endlessly, while you're in the back yard, or out of the house altogether. You can't count on overflows to take up the overflow.

Maybe someone did turn the water off elsewhere, and he will come back and turn it on again, not knowing the faucets have been left on.

Mayyybe it would be ok to leave the faucet open just a bit. That would still leave pelnty of room for the air to get out, and if the overflow worked at all, which you probably haven't tested in years, it would be able to take the excess once the tub filled. You have a separate shower stall? I guess you have tested that drain.

You would hear the hissing of the air, especially if you close the valve mostly.

Reply to
mm