No satisfaction from American Standard

Page 2 of 2
Like I said, we bought a 1.3 gallon toilet and modified it to "old style". The toilet tank of our 20 year old "normal" toilet is EXACTLY the same size as the tank on our 1.3 gallon toilet. The only difference was that the new toilet had a 1.3 gallon plastic tub inside the tank which was all that would fill with water. We removed the tub, got a new float, and no more problems. Sorry yours isn't like that. Perhaps because the manufacturer decided it was easier/cheaper to add the tub than to re-tool the factory. Who knows?