No primer bulb

Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?

Reply to
Curly Fikes

They don't need one.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Because they start OK otherwise? My two cycle generator doesn't have a primer bulb. Does have a choke.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Because they converted to CFL. More green.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Several of my 2 cycle engines have the primer bulbs and a choke.

I thought the primer was to fill some of the carburators with fuel and the choke was to make a richer mixture for starting cold engines.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

My chain saw has primer. I'd have to guess, to pull fuel up from the tank.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Because they don't need them?

Reply to
Larry W

My Stihl backpack & weedeaters have chokes & primer bulb. My Stihl chainsaw doesn't. The backpack & weedeater are much easier to start than the chainsaw.

Reply to
Curly Fikes

Why would I need a primer bulb for my electric chain saw?

Reply to
Dan Espen

My Ariens snow blower has a manual choke lever and a primer bulb. Won't cold start unless primed 3 times and then fully choked.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

To bring electrons up from the electric tank?

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I guess there are slow air leaks, then the bulb has two hoses for in and out.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Gas tank above ?

Greg

Reply to
gregz

As some have said, because they don't need them. I think, and I admit, I'm not really and engine person, that some designs have the gas tank so that there is always gravity feed of fuel to the carb. Some designs use a crude pump, powered by the engine, to push the gas into the carb. Here you need a prime bulb (not CFL :) ) to get gas to the carb before you take that 1st pull. Some designs use engine pressure to push the gas. Again, the prime bulb is needed when you 1st start the thing.

Reply to
Art Todesco

My lawnmowers with B&S engines have primer bulbs. My Husky with (I forgot the brand) engine doesn't have a bulb. Different carb designs.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher