No primer bulb

Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?

They don't need one.

My Stihl backpack & weedeaters have chokes & primer bulb. My Stihl chainsaw doesn't. The backpack & weedeater are much easier to start than the chainsaw.

My lawnmowers with B&S engines have primer bulbs. My Husky with (I forgot the brand) engine doesn't have a bulb. Different carb designs.
On 10/8/2013 6:09 PM, Curly Fikes wrote:

Because they start OK otherwise? My two cycle generator doesn't have a primer bulb. Does have a choke.
On 10/8/2013 6:09 PM, Curly Fikes wrote:

Because they converted to CFL. More green.

Several of my 2 cycle engines have the primer bulbs and a choke.
I thought the primer was to fill some of the carburators with fuel and the choke was to make a richer mixture for starting cold engines.
On 10/8/2013 6:32 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

My chain saw has primer. I'd have to guess, to pull fuel up from the tank.
On 10/8/2013 7:12 PM, Oren wrote:

My Ariens snow blower has a manual choke lever and a primer bulb. Won't cold start unless primed 3 times and then fully choked.

Because they don't need them?

Why would I need a primer bulb for my electric chain saw?
--
Dan Espen

On 10/8/2013 8:54 PM, Dan Espen wrote:

To bring electrons up from the electric tank?

I guess there are slow air leaks, then the bulb has two hoses for in and out.
Greg

Gas tank above ?
Greg
On 10/8/2013 6:09 PM, Curly Fikes wrote:

As some have said, because they don't need them. I think, and I admit, I'm not really and engine person, that some designs have the gas tank so that there is always gravity feed of fuel to the carb. Some designs use a crude pump, powered by the engine, to push the gas into the carb. Here you need a prime bulb (not CFL :) ) to get gas to the carb before you take that 1st pull. Some designs use engine pressure to push the gas. Again, the prime bulb is needed when you 1st start the thing.