No pressure in bathroom sink

Ok, I've just joined the group. I've got Major home repairs to start and keep putting off. First- The city, in it's infinite wisdom keeps digging up the street in front of my house to make 'band aid' repairs on the main water line. Ok, now, after they shut all of our water off to do this, the water in my bathroom faucets is no longer there.???? This has happened before, but, it comes on after half a day or so. This happened over a Month ago. I've tried the turning off under the sink to see if the pressure would build up,...Nope. no pressure, no water. The other faucets in the house are fine. The basement is referred to as 'the dungeon' for Good reason. I haven't been down there to see if anything has burst, but...would it burst the pipes after they turned the main line back on? HELP!!!!!!!!!!?????? kb

Reply to
karenbush11

Check the aerator on the faucet, first place that gums up after they fool with the water.

Reply to
Eigenvector

yeah, what he said. I bet it's all full of rust flakes/gravelly bits/whatever.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

And the next two place to look if that does not solve the problem are in the seats of a washerless faucet and the cutoff valve under the sink. After removing the aerator if the problem persists try turning the cutoff on and off since replacing the seats is tad more work.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt