No power on one of a series of lights same circuit

I have several wall mounted lights controlled by one switch. One of the lights suddenly has no power (tested with multi-meter) I do not think this is the last light on the run but it must be otherwise subsequent lights would not work. What could cause the lack of power?

Thanks

Reply to
Martik

Your lights will be in parallel, not series, so the fact that one in the middle doesn't work is not good evidence that the light is at the end of a line. You could tell that quickly by opening up the box for that light and counting the wires entering. If only one romex wire enters the box then indeed it is the end of the line. More likely it would be in the middle. Check the wirenuts to be sure that one of the pigtails hasn't come loose, and check the fixture to be sure that you don't have a bad connection somewhere. The fixture itself seems the likely culprit. Do you have power to the wirenuts in the box?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

There is one romex coming in and one going out so it's not at the end. I tested power on the bare wires (wirenuts removed) and there is zero VAC. This doesn't make sense to me. If there is no incoming power then the next light should not have power???

Oh, just solved it, the light preceding it had one of the outgoing wires broken at the wirenut.

Thanks

Reply to
Martik