no mold Air Conditioner?

Hi All,

Is there a such thing as an Air Conditioner that is designed NOT to get moldy. And to never blow mold into the room? Or, to be easily serviceable to clean out any build up?

-T

Reply to
Todd and Margo Chester

I'd like to know this too.

Reply to
Amanda

Reply to
Mulan

Well, you wouldn't want one if they did exist.

Killing all the mold would also kill all the other organic systems such as humans and pets. Most likely the chemicals used would kill by cancer over a period of time, so don't look for a quck and easy death..

Take one step outside your back door. You have just exposed yourself to millions of mold spores. The air is full of them. They exist in the air as you drive to work. Are you wanting to kill all of them too? Shame on you.

I don't believe in this voodoo crap, but I'll post it so that you can spend your children's education on it:

JimL

Reply to
Frank B.

On 16 Jul 2006 22:59:01 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Mulan" quickly quoth:

I doubt it. Make friends with your local duct cleaning businessman. They'll give you a steep discount if they're there every few months doing them. Convince a few friends to do them that often and they'll probably throw in a few freebies for you, too.

========================================================== Save the |||

Endangered SKEETS! ||| Web Application Programming ==========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

OTOH, I did the laundry Saturday, and then left it out wet, in a pile, including towels, instead of drying it, in the basement. Didn't finish the laundry until today, 50% humidity, 90-99 degrees, no AC, and one would think the old laundry would have mildewed. But it didn't.

Reply to
mm

I'm wondering just how much of your laundry products was still present in your clothes? I'd bet good money that some significant amounts of some type of bleach whitener and other hazardous chemicals remained after the final rinse.

Not to worry though. Those chemicals will take a very long time to kill you. Probably breast cancer in 25 years for your daughters and liver cancer for your son in 40 years.

Reply to
JimL

Jim,

Please stay on topic.

I am not looking for an air purifier. I am looking for a air conditioner unit that was designed not to get moldy or is easy to clean out the mold. Designs vary. Some are better than other. I want to know who the better ones are.

--Tony

Reply to
Todd and Margo Chester

Tony, the UV lights kill the mold and thus give you exactly what you are looking for. They can be installed in the air ducts of any system and the mold will be significantly controlled. Really! Honest Injun!.

Reply to
JimL

I am looking for a through the wall unit. No ducts, such as on a forced air unit. It is the the exchanging assembly on the house side that I am concerned about: it gets wet when the warm room air contacts it and cools, then dust and other organic pollutants (read duct mite poop) collect on it. Lets see dark, wet, organic matter: sound like a ideal conditions for mildew.

I am looking for something that does not get wet, or is easy to clean out. Hmmm: I wonder what silver flashing the part that gets wet would do.

-T

Reply to
Todd and Margo Chester

But the outside air is also full of all the good stuff unlike indoor air.

No need to kill outside ones cus they are overtaken by the goodies.

This is not voodoo crap. Not everybody has the same bosy resistence or nasal structure. Get educated on that before you insult others.

Reply to
Amanda

I thought it was a reasonable question. I am still trying to figure out how he knew I wore a time foil hat! :-)

-T

Reply to
Todd and Margo Chester

"Tin" nor "time". I can't spell either! :-) Must be the hat!

-T

Reply to
Todd and Margo Chester

Frank B.