No Ice, no water in dispenser

Hello, I have a Frigidaire with Auto Ice/water dispenser, first the water stopped, then started working again, then the ice stopped and now neither stopped, There is water supply going into the back of the fridge it doesn't go up the tube for the water disp. or ice. Any suggestions.. thanx

Reply to
Brendan

It's probably the solenoid valve that has stopped working.

HTH

rik

Reply to
RikC

Hello,

What model# Frigidaire do you have?

Low pressure water to the fridge can cause intermittant operation, bad fill valve(s) can cause intermittant operation, an filter clogged up needing to be changed can cause intermittant operation.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

perhaps you could answer a question for me...................

we have a GE profile side by side refrig, about 10yrs old. it has an ice and water dispenser on the door, with no apparent filter. is there one and i just don't know where to look?

-- read and post daily, it works! rosie

never let yesterday use up too much of today. ..........................anonymous

Reply to
rosie readandpost

Hi,

With a model# we wouldn't know if your fridge has a built in one....

being 10 years old I have my doubts it has a built in filter. When isntalled someone may have put an "inline" filter in the supply line between your house plumbing and the fridge. You would have to follow the water feed line from the fridge back to where ever it goes ( kitchen sink, downstairs, ect ) to see if there is one or not.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

THANKS JEFF!