seems to me that if i use hot water (i.e. run the washer/dishwasher)
after a few hours i can take a hot shower but if no one uses any hot
water for a while all i get is cold water...think its some easy fix or
do i have to get a new hot water heater btw using a 40Gal gas water
heater thats about 4 years old
Could be the coal need stoking after a big use. Do you take the ash out
It would be much easier to diagnose if we knew if the heater was gas,
electrric, oil, solar, coal, wood, or nuclear powered.
1. do you also get central heating from your boiler or is it only for
2. is it a fan assisted flew?
3. is the water running fast out of the hot tap equivalent two around
fourteen liters a minute?
4. When you turn the hot tap on does the boiler fire?
5. do you have a pilot light or an automatic ignition system?
6. do you have a immersion tank that is running off the mains
electric, generally you will find that in your airing cupboard?
Airing cupboards are generally found in bedrooms or hallway/ landing
but very rarely found in the dining room. Modern combination boilers do
not require an airing cupboard because they do not store hot water in a
cylinder, but comes from direct mains.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.