No hot water in washing machine

I have a Speed Queen washing machine.
The "Water Temperature" dial has three settings (Hot, Warm and Cold) but only COLD water enters the tub.
Hot water comes out of the hot-water hose and cold water comes out of the cold-water hose.
The water inlet valve is less than 9-months old but I've checked both screens and they are clean. A continuity tester (i.e., multi-tester) shows that both solenoids are OK. The inlet valve looks clean. How can I check the inlet valve to see whether it's mechanically working correctly?
If the inlet valve is working correctly, what else could prevent the no-hot-water problem?
Might be the switch controlling the temp selection. You should be able to test that with the multi-tester.
http://www.repairclinic.com/0088_11_1.asp

possibly the fill valve is bad. Switch the hoses and see if hot water comes out when cold is selected.
Where is the "fill valve"?