No hot water

(I have a Speed Queen model n3511 washing machine).
Hot water is not entering the tub.
Cold water comes out (at full-strength) of the cold-water hose.
Hot water comes out (at full-strength) of the hot-water hose.
I just replaced the water-inlet valve and the water-temperature switch.
What else could be causing the problem and how do I fix it?
snipped-for-privacy@co.riverside.ca.us wrote:

Hi, Before you replaced them, have you checked to see if they're defective? Valve needs power to operate. Was it getting power? Checking the valve operation is swapping the hot/cold water hoses. Next step is to see if the valve coil gets the power when needed.
Are you selecting hot wash on the control knob?
--
Steve Barker

< snipped-for-privacy@co.riverside.ca.us> wrote in message
I took the old water inlet valve to an appliance part store. They checked the continuity and it was OK. I concluded that there might be a mechanical problem in the valve so I bought a new valve plus a new water-temperature switch.
Hot water comes out of the hot-water hose and cold water comes out of the cold-water hose and the filter screens (in the water inlet valve) are clean. The washing machine is in the "normal" cycle and the water-temperature knob is at "Hot".
I'll try switching the hoses and I'll post an update.
I switched the hoses and now hot water goes into the tub, regardless of the position of the water temperature knob. (Previously, only COLD water got into the tub. Now, only HOT water gets into the tub. What's causing the one-temperature problem?

Did you try what I told you earlier? The valve is evidently not opening. It is probably not getting power for some reason. Check that first. Then, if it is not getting power, just trace it back to the source. Is power getting to the switch? Are all the connectors good?

A bad timer/programmer or connection between it and the valve. Don Young