No Drip Caulk Guns- Do They Work??

Based on my experience - which is all I can talk about - I'm usually out of the door quicker when I self-check than when I wait on line.

Maybe it's just my HD, but there's usually at least one self-check station open when I walk up but usually more than one person on each cashier's line.

When there's not, I use a cashier, which is often quicker than doing it myself - if there is no line. I can scan my card while (s)he's scanning items. By the time (s)he's done, all of my info is in the computer.

I don't mind paying the same price at both stations as long as I have options for getting out of the door faster.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

it's a company. costs are shared. each individual store isn't a lone business entity. you state that the costs of various items at different stores are sometimes the same. if you look at stores in different states, this is still true, even if the cost of shipping the item to that individual store may be different than some other store in a different state, or even in the same state.

Reply to
chaniarts

That would make it even easier. When the diy scanner scans, it could play 5 seconds of instructions, for each item.

Reply to
mm

One problem with the self checkout (besides when the damn thing won't scan), there are times when you can't check yourself out.

For example, if you have nuts and bolts that you picked out of a bin, you have to have a cashier to look them up in a book.

Reply to
Ron