No Caulk Drain Questions

I am cleaning up a no caulk drain installation. A vinyl shower pan guy layed Henry's asphalt emulsion over the cinch bolts and bonded washers (bolts that cinch the upper and lower assembly). The solvent ate the rubber underside of the bonded washers. I have new bolts and washers and want to replace them. How tight do I cinch them down? Even though bonded washers came with the assembly, am I better off just using standard stainless plate washers? Also, I want to have a screw down grate rather than an instaset design. Can I just replace the instaset top with a screw down drain top?

Reply to
Michael Roback

Will you ever be done screwin with that shower? 2 piece drain assembleys don't need washers. And Henry's should not be used in thsi application with vinyl liners. Silicone is recommended.

Reply to
Nuckin Futz