NMD 7 with NMD 90?

I have 2 and 3 wire #14 AWG , NMD 7, 90C, 300V wire in my home. To do remodelling, I have 2 and 3 wire #14 AWG, NMD 90, 300V and I want to connect it to the old wire. Can I connect NMD 7 to NMD 90? What's the difference? I noticed the NMD 7 has the nylon strands inside.
Thanks

connect
difference?
I had never heard of "NMD", so I did a google search and had the answer in 20 seconds. You can do one too!
Okay, Okay. NMD 7 is the old designation for the current NMD 90. They are the same thing. Even if they weren't, you can still connect any two wires together; you just have to use the lower of the two ratings.