NM cable in roof eave?

Can I use regular NM cable in the roof eave? Rain won't be hitting it so I figured it would be okay, but I wanted to make sure since I guess it's technically "outside" the house.
Mike
upand_at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

believe any electrical needs to be in conduit.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"

Type NM is for use in normally dry locations. Despite the fact that it would be under the eave, it may not qualify as "dry". You certainly can use type UF
What about BX?

I think that would be considered a "Damp location". You would need to use UF or MC cable. No Romex and no BX. EMT conduit with raintight fittings or PVC conduit is also acceptable.

It is indeed a damp location. Note that type NMC cable is also acceptable.