Nite light warning

On the back of a night lite I just purchased @ the dollar store it says -" Cali propositin 65 warning- This product contains chemicals known in the state of cali to cause cancer, birth defects and or reproductive harm..??
Why does it say this. What is in this that they would say this..?
TIA CP
Charles Pisano wrote:

*Everything* in California causes cancer, birth defects and ot reproductive harm.

It says that so that you won't eat it or otherwise insert it into your body. And so that if you do it anyway they are off the hook.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On May 31, 12:01 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Charles Pisano) wrote:

California proposition 65 is so onerous and lists numerous chemicals that are not listed by OSHA or other agencies and exposure levels far below even listed chemicals that manufacturers bend over backward with disclosures. There is also a bounty hunter provision which folks like the Sierra Club like to cash in on. I would not give it a second thought. Frank
Mighty anal of them..
On May 31, 9:32 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Charles Pisano) wrote:

My camera causes cancer too! And my laptop and LCD panel, though I feel ok right now having used them for some time. I must remember not to eat my camera or computer hardware.
Re: Nite light warning Group: alt.home.repair Date: Thu, May 31, 2007, 8:11am (EDT-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (dean) On May 31, 9:32 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Charles Pisano) wrote: Mighty anal of them.. My camera causes cancer too! And my laptop and LCD panel, though I feel ok right now having used them for some time. I must remember not to eat my camera or computer hardware.
Actually the laptop , LCD and computer hardware thing I kinda agree with ..I rather webtv.. I keep getting head aches from LCD (on ANY setting, with any glasses in any light -so don't suggest anything LOL)....My webtv is very slow though.. especially since I used to have DSL. But it does have a great tv guide with a planner and saver feature.
So basically it's the chemicals that are used to make the night light? I guess I can't use it as a lollipop when I'm done with it?

Don't eat fluorescent light tubes either.

<spits violently> - You're kidding, right?

breathing leads to death..

them, then eats the first light bulb, filament and all, and leaves the stem on the counter. Then he eats the second light bulb, and leaves the stem on the counter.
The next shopper watches in amazement and says to the cashier --"Boy, THAT was wierd!"
The cashier said, "Yeh, the stem's the best part."
On Thu, 31 May 2007 09:32:32 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Charles Pisano) wrote:

Is that how you use night lights? :-)
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Charles Pisano) wrote in

Are you in Calif? If not, don't worry. It won't cause those things in the other 49.