nikki carb adjustment

------------------------------------- Neil

I have a Snapper Model 410 trimmer (weedeater) with a Nikki Carb on it. It appears to be a natural flow carb with three adjustments. The high speed adjustment appears to be a throttle cable attatched to a large needle in the center of the venturi. When you advance the throttle the cable pulls the needle up. Where this mechanism attaches to the carb, there is a barrel type nut with a stop nut for adjustment purposes. Then there is the spring loaded idle screw and the mixture screw on the side of the carb. Here is my question. Since I am having trouble finding a manual I am hoping to find someone out there who can assist me in setting these at least close to the factory settings. The carb has been cleaned, new primer bulb and spark plug, and everything else appears to be in running order. The trimmer has sat idle for about 2 years. I have started the unit but seem to be having trouble getting it to richen up to run at high speed. It also will lope at high speed. Can anyone help?

Reply to
Neil H.

This is the needle jet. It allows fuel to flow thru the main jet. There is a clip on the end (under the spring) that will allow a leaner/ richer mixture at 1/2 to full throttle.

This adjustment is to take out any slack in the throttle cable.

de of the carb.

The Idle screw speaks for itself and should raise the needle jet when screwed in.

The mixture screw should be 1-1/2 turns to start, then adjust from there. If you didn't move the clip on the needle since it was running, don't change it.

If it doesn't run after this, you probably didn't clean the carb the way it is supposed to be cleaned.

Hank

Reply to
Hank