Nice little online fuel cost comparison calculator

http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/fuel_cost_comparison_calculator /
( disclaimer - not mine, I just happened to find it )
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/fuel_cost_comparison_calculator /
Ackshooly, a super-find! Very neat! Looks like the oil/electric cartels got us by the balls, nice and tight.. Natural gas and coal were inneresting surprises.
Funny how fuknEdenPure ripoff heaters pop up right at the top -- google ads....
Looks like I'll have to move you from my alt.hvac ADUA list (absolutely and determinedly useless asshole), to my regular asshole list.... at least temporarily. I'm pretty sure you will make it back to the ADUA list, soon enough.
--
EA

This is sort of a useless chart. What you really want to know is something like: How does the cost of 1000 BTUs compare for coal vs wood pellets? The cost per ton and an efficiency number is meaningless.
Charlie

    The calcs can be approached from a large number of different angles. This particular free tool shows one way. If you don't like it, I'm sure they'll refund your money.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

I agree! How about something like this:
100,000 BTU 0.888 Gal. E85 gasoline; 0.77 Gal. heating oil; 1.76 Gal. Methanol; 29.33 KWh electricity; ~100 cubic feet natural gas; etc. (for wood, coal, ...)
David

be for E15 (15% methanol, 85% gasoline.) David

    BTW, - did you plan on heating a home with E85, or Methanol ?
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Nope, just getting toasty :-)

    Which tells us NOTHING about costs,and allows for NO 'what if' cases of efficiency.
    If you want the mere watt / BTU equivalents, that's easily looked up online.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Did you click the calculate button???
Mark

Did you click the calculate button???
Mark
Nope, I didn't scroll down the page that far. Thanks for the pointer

Banks have done this for years. At least here in Oregon. I remember programming that feature into savings account programs back in the 1970's. They used to let inactive accounts lay dormant for years and years. Then the State got wise and demanded the balance be sent to them. The bank said to hell with the state, we will take it. If the account owner ever wanted his money back, the bank would refund it, of course, but most owners never were found.
I have to wonder how anyone would have a positive balance on their CC. Suppose it's possible due to overpayment and such.
Paul
snipped-for-privacy@coinet.com wrote:

A lot of credit cards will not accept an overpayment, but if you pay the bill in full, then return something you will have a positive balance.
-snip-

You suck.
The TVA is the first thing that pops into my mind when I hear the nay-sayers say the "Gov't can't get nothin' right." The Eisenhower interstate system is #2.
Jim
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Ha ha!

It is sad though that there aren't multitudes of examples.

    'Nay', I say unto thee !
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

the bare info out of it. They DO give a comparison based on a common (need I say it - basically the same with different heat) house showing what the costs would be - which IS more "usefull" than a simple cost per BTU.
If you want to directly compare the raw cost per BTU, simply make the efficiency the same on each fuel. It is, after all - a "comparison" chart.