Next step, installing the drains

Thanks for the help with my projects. I have the tile bored and can feed 3" schedule 40 pipe through the wall and under the floor. I have most of the PVC connectors for the pipe. My questions at the moment concern the shower drail, toilet flange, and the 1 1/2" sanitary tees for two sinks (bathroom and kitchen, the process should be the same).

My shower drain and toilet flange question is how big of a hole do I cut (with a jigsaw) into the 1"x6" floor boards for these. I was at my closest supply place and can get a 3" hole saw that will allow the smooth portion of the PVC train to fit through the floor or a

3 1/2" hole saw is big enough to allow the threaded portion to also fit through the wood floor. This drain fits in a pre-made hole in a shower base (Home Depot
I know this may not make much sense without a picture. I'll try to create a picture later. I have the 3" drain that goes to a 3"/2"/3" sanitary tee. The 2" goes to a 2"/2"/2" wye (Y). Part of this wye goes on to the shower. I have a 2" P trap for the shower. The wye goes to another wye, 2"/1 1/2"/2". The 1 1/2" goes to a bathroom sink and the 2" side goes to a washer box. I'll plumb in the washer box now because it's easier though I don't plan to ever have a washer.

The question for the two sinks is I'll run 1 1/2" pipe up through a hole bored in the bottom plate, up the wall to a sanitary tee. The portion of the tee that continues vertical to an in wall on demand vent (AAV, air admitance valve). The hole of the tee that points out of the wall and out of the sheet rock to an in cabinet P trap... how does the tee connect to the P trap? Do I glue the two together or is there some sort of extension thing I glue to the tee that has a compression fitting for the P trap?

Thanks.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Back up and regroup there Oren . MOST toilets have a rough-in dimension of

12" from wall to center of flange . Remember to make an allowance for tile or other wall treatment if it's thicker than wallpaper or paint .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

Thanks for the links. I have found the 12" from finished wall distance. I'm planning on using 13". I didn't know about the side distance of 15" minimum. Thanks for the link on the shower pan. I hadn't found that document.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Oren posted for all of us...