newly laid carpet

What is the best kind of vacuum to use to get all the fuzz and small bits around the edges from a newly laid carpet? This is just for the very 1st vacuuming. A shop vac? Would an ordinary house vacuum get all clogged up from the fuzz? Patt

either will work pro installers usually do that before leaving.
pick up by hand large clmps of fuzz, all the rest should go fine in the sweeper

either will work pro installers usually do that before leaving.
pick up by hand large clmps of fuzz, all the rest should go fine in the sweeper
Set your sweeper to high and change the bag often.
Patt wrote:

accumulation, too. An ordinary vaccum takes up dust and fuzz as part of normal cleaning. The stuff that clogs vacuums is usually stuff like straight pins or other objects that get stuck in the hose. If the hose has spiral wire support, handle with care so the wire doesn't kink - that can cause clogs as well.
It took multiple, multiple vacuumings before all the fuzz quit coming up from my new carpet a few years back. Me being the cheapskate I am, I pulled all that fuzz out of the vacuum cleaner bags and reused the same bags. They fill up fast from that fuzz.