Newby handyman looking for how to's

My brother is just starting out as a handyman. I would like to get him some how to books and tapes.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks

Reply to
JJ

1) Head for your local library. Their business is books. Check out as many as they allow, read and return. Then make a list of the best ones to buy. 2) Follow this with a visit to one of the box stores and look over their offerings, and buy those that seem best suited for your work. 3) Go online to Amazon.com and type in the appropriate search words to view their offerings in the field. read the ratings for opinions of other buyers. One of the comprehensive tomes oftem mentioned in posts to this NG is the Readers Digest "New Complete Do It Yourself Manual", ISBN 0-89577-378-3. IMO it is a pretty good starting point for unfamiliar projects. Doing contract work requires a solid business approach to make a decent profit, so don't neglect that part of the plan, Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Tell him about this site too