new windows and drafts

I have a question. I have 3 new windows. My window dressing consist of honeycomb blinds, which builds up the cold air between the inside window and the blinds. How much of a draft is acceptable? I do feel a slight draft. I would assume it would be impossible to feel no draft at all due to the air building up behind the blinds?
--
homeowner1
snipped-for-privacy@mylounge.com wrote:

I am not sure what your question is. The better the shades are at insulating the more draft you will feel because it is concentrating it. With less insulation it may not feel as drafty, but you would be loosing more heat. (yea I know it does not sound right, but it is.) A tighter fit might reduce what you are feeling and reduce the heat loss at the same time.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Joseph Meehan Wrote:

The above comment is what I was getting at. Thanks!
Also, this morning, I noticed a small amount of condensation at the bottom edge of the top window (double hung windows). Is it normal to ahve some condensation in this area? It was in the low 40's last night.
--
homeowner1

A bit of condensation is not a window problem.
You might want to check into a dehumidifier if it occurs regularly. Or only in some rooms.
I've seen new well-sealed windows show up humidity problems that owners never noticed before.
AMUN
snipped-for-privacy@mylounge.com wrote:

Yes it would be normal. Removing the blinds would reduce the condensation since it would allow the window to be warmer and you only get condensation when the dew point is above the surface temperature.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit